Friday, August 11, 2017

August 11th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to Friday and you know what that means - Book Beginnings and Friday 56 time.

This week's book is Hollywood Homicide, the debut mystery from Kellye Garrett.


                                                                  

This is the first in a new series.  I finished the book earlier this week.  Assuming I can get my review written, I'll be reviewing it on Monday.  I really enjoyed it.

Here's how the book begins:
He stared at my resume like it was an SAT question.  One of the hard ones where you just bubbled in C and kept it moving.

Jumping ahead to the 56% mark in the book, we find this:

If this were some cheesy TV show, the screen would have cut to black so the network could spend the next five minutes trying to get you to buy toothpaste you already bought anyway.  It wasn't.  Instead, Emme came back.  "Ben's calling the police.  They won't use their sirens."

Seriously, if you like mysteries, you really need to give this book a shot.  I hope you'll come back on Monday to see why I feel it is worth your time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a big mystery reader, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first I've heard of this one. I'm going to have to check it out. And Mark, get your butt over to my blog and give me a shout! ;-) I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine! http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsOFITG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I'll add it to my wishlist. I like the writing style. This week I have Come Sundown by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 56 tugged on my senses and pulled me right in!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.