Saturday, September 16, 2017

September 16th's Weekly TV Thoughts

My first show of the fall started this week.  I'm so used to my shows not really getting going until the final week of September that I don't quite know how I feel about this.  Okay, so I'm being over the top since my TV week was still so light it was still really summer.

The Orville – I’m still not completely sure what I thought of this.  It has potential, but some of it, like meeting the crew, was very clunky.  But that’s a pilot episode, and I’m willing to give it a few more episodes.  It’s definitely got a bit more bathroom humor than I would normally like, so that may be a factor as well.  I’m not going to take on a new show just because.  It has to be something I truly enjoy overall.

American Ninja Warrior – I say give it a year or two and Kacy will be back.  She loves it too much.  Even if she doesn’t come back, you can’t take away from her what she’s brought to it.  So bummed to see Jessie slip up there at the end.  Of the women, she’s by far my favorite because she is clearly having so much fun out there.  But a record number of finishers.  And were the teasers promising another finisher next week?

Suits – Again, the worked the cases out, and I was very satisfied with what they did.  Loved the intercutting between the two cases early on.  But that kiss!  I’m not sure I am fully on board with Donna and Harvey as a couple.  We’ll see what the writers do with it.  I like them as they are just fine.  But I could see them as a couple as well.  I just think Harvey’s reaction is going to be very interesting, especially with the bombshell about Jessica there at the end.  They’re definitely setting up the spin off with her character that isn’t supposed to be a legal show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.