Friday, May 29, 2020

May 29th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to the final Friday in May.  I'm celebrating with a sweet entry for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book?  Sprinkles of Suspicion by Kim Davis.

                                        


This is the first book in her Cupcake Catering Mystery series, but Kim is no stranger to cozies or blog since she runs the fabulous Cinnamon and Sugar and a Little Bit of Murder blog.

This books jumps right into the story.
One glass of cheap California chardonnay cost me my husband, my job, and my best friend.  Unfortunately, that was only the beginning of my troubles.

That definitely made me want to read more.

Meanwhile, at 56% into the book, we find:

"I'll be back with a warrant to continue my search."
"When will that be?  My mother is coming with a real estate agent in the morning, and it would be awkward if you came while they were both here."

And with that, I'm going to wish you a happy weekend.  Want to know more about this book?  I'm reviewing it on Wednesday as part of a book tour, so I hope you'll come back then.

5 comments:

  1. Yep, that opening drops you right in. I'd keep reading. Happy weekend!

    My Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beginning! And who could resit a book with that cute dog on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun read!! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look pretty delicious. Have a good weekend!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.