Sunday, May 10, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Baloo and Mowgli - Windows of Magic - 2019 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Baloo and Mowgli’s friendship captured perfectly
Cons; Not a lot of Easter eggs
The Bottom Line:
A friendship captured
Baloo, Mowgli are the stars
Of magical pin

This Pin is a Bare Necessity

One of my favorite aspects of Disney’s The Jungle Book is the quick and easy friendship that springs up between Mowgli and Baloo.  That friendship is captured perfectly in the Windows of Magic pin that Disney released in 2019.

These pins are designed to look like stained glass windows, and the characters chosen counter act the Window of Evil series that Disney released in 2018.  As I said, this pin features Mowgli and Baloo.  Actually, Baloo takes up most of the pin – he is a bear after all, and bears are big.  But Mowgli is sitting on Baloo’s shoulders, so we can see him up above the bear’s head.  Surrounding them, we get leaves, and leaves are the main feature of the decorations on the frame.  Up at the very top of the frame is a bunch of bananas, and at the bottom, we see Bagheera the panther reclining.

Like the Kaa Windows of Evil pin, this pin doesn’t have a lot of Easter eggs.  However, it’s hard to see how they would have worked anything else into this pin since Baloo is so big.  With the emphasis on the characters, it is easy to tell what everything is, too.  Some of the pins can get a bit busy.  The two things they did work into the frame are fun, and I’m glad we got them.

Just looking at this pin makes me want to start singing “The Bare Necessities.”  I love the song, so that’s not an issue as far as I am concerned.

We don’t get a lot of pins, or merchandise in general, with these characters, so it’s always nice when they pop up.  I’m happy I added Baloo and Mowgli’s Windows of Magic to my pin collection.

You can see pictures of this pin on my Instagram feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.