Saturday, May 9, 2020

May 9th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Batwoman – A betrayal and a hint of another one to come all in the space of the last few minutes.  I don’t want to be Kate right now.  I did like Mary getting to save the day, and she was excellent at it.

Supergirl – It’s been so long, I must admit I’ve kind of forgotten the plot of the season.  It did come back to me as the episode went along.  I feel like we got an important revelation or two that would have excited me without the huge gap.  Yes, I definitely got the Jeremiah bits, however.  I appreciate the fact that they are going to play his death into something more.  I’m glad they didn’t kill off the character completely in vain.

The Baker and the Beauty – I’ve got to admit, I was dreading this episode a bit.  I thought it might be more awkward than cute, or at least more awkward than normal since some of the scenes with his family made me cringe.  I found it to be about average for the series, and I enjoyed it.  I’m glad that the sister is out, and I’m glad that it looks like they aren’t going to make her parents out to be bigots.  I think that was what I was dreading the most about that particular storyline.  Not that I’m happy with that storyline overall.  I hope the manager figures out he was the one who outed Daniel and Noa as a couple.  But I’m wondering what his health problem is.

The Flash – Suddenly, I am very worried for Iris, especially since I suspect she isn’t going to get out right now.  We’ll see what happens next week.  I’m not surprised people got their hope and fighting spirit back by the end of the episode, but it’s very nice to see that happen.

Legends of Tomorrow – My cable cut out for a few minutes, so I missed the fight and how they recaptured the hound.  Nice way to work in a little history, and I loved that it was a literal hell hound making everyone crazy.  What’s going on with Sara’s sight?  It’s nice to see Mick finally connecting with his daughter.

Survivor – I always forget about the two hour episodes until I’m watching them.  (Not so with the final, I’m used to that.)  I kept expecting a third tribal or something since they were running ahead; instead we got that bit from extension.  I’m a bit surprised with how late they are letting the second player back in the game.  It’s going to be very interesting to see how that plays out during the final next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.