Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 23rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Batwoman – I can’t believe Mouse thought he was going to convince Alice to do things his way.  As soon as I saw that scene where he gave his ultimatum, I knew he was dead.  A villain with Bruce Wayne’s face.  That will be interesting.  And Commander Kane is going to be an even worse foe going forward.  I’m having problems with kryptonite being the only thing that can destroy the batsuit.  Seems like lazy storytelling on someone part – whether than came form the comics or not.  That wasn’t as bad a cliffhanger as I thought it would be.  Still, I’m hooked enough I’ll probably be back when it returns next year.

Supergirl – Again, not a super bad cliffhanger.  If I didn’t know better, I would have said most of that was planned as the season finale.  I mean, we did wrap up several pretty major storylines, including Kara and Lena.  I was definitely smiling about that.  Of course, we still have to take down Lex.  In some ways, it’s a shame he’s been on this show so much with Superman getting his own show in the fall.  But I have been enjoying his mayhem over here, so I’m not complaining too much.  I’m pretty sure they can save Brainy now that they know he’s in trouble, so I’m not too worried about him.

The Beauty and the Baker – Definitely a downer episode with some major cliffhangers.  Realistic, and I definitely can’t wait to see where they are going to go with these plot lines, but not the light, upbeat show we are used to seeing.  Is it next week yet?  I’ve got to know what happens next.  Yes, safe to say I am hooked on the show.

Stargirl – Thank you, CW, for introducing a new series right now.  I’m going to need it.  This has the potential to be fun.  I enjoyed the second half much more than the first.  I felt like I was two steps behind until we started getting exposition in the back half.  But it is a pilot.  With all this set up out of the way, I think we are really going to have fun now.

Legends of Tomorrow – I thought that next week’s episode was the one we were doing tonight, so you can imagine my frustrating at dealing with zombies all hour.  I hate zombie!  Obviously, they didn’t really kill of Sara despite how it looked with the Zobmies.  But did they kill off Gary?  As annoying as he could be, he is fun in small doses.  He’s been one of the lighter sides of a dark season, in fact.

Celebrity Escape Room – I’m no good at puzzles, so I’m not sure I would have figured any of those things out.  I’m glad they are smarter than me.  It was mostly fun, although Jack Black got annoying at times.

Holey Moley – They have really made the holes hard this year!  I do like the fact that they have cut down on the rounds, which gives us time to see everything that happens.  But they are definitely aiming to make the contestants fail this year.

To Tell the Truth – I wasn’t planning to watch this one, but I flipped over part way through.  Not sure I will be back every week, but I had to laugh when Will Shorz was the person they were about to start guessing when I tuned in.  He’s created the crosswords for all the Puzzle Lady mysteries I read as well as creating the Crossword Puzzle Mysteries for Hallmark.  I didn’t know which one he was, but it was fun to put a face with the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.