Sunday, July 10, 2022

July 10th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to Sunday and this week's Sunday/Monday Post!  As always, I'll be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I know this was a short week at work, but it sure didn't feel like it.  I worked late Tuesday, and was super stressed Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm not sure why this month end was so bad, but it was.  I'd say that's behind me, but this coming week is going to be super busy as well.  I think doable, but still super busy.

I did start the week well at some friends' for the 4th of July.  Nothing complicated or fancy.  Just a fun chance to hang out.  We did swim a little, although it was cool for us - only low 80's.  It's warmed up now and is in the 90's.  That's where it should be this time of year.

I went paddle boarding Friday night instead of Saturday morning.  It was windier than I wanted it to be, but it was nice to get out there for a bit.

Saturday morning, I was lazy.  Usually, I'm setting my alarm to get to the lake before the winds start, so it was nice to laze around in bed.

Then I got ready and headed to my local Hallmark.  It's ornament premier, when they release about half of their line for the year.  Yes, I bought ornaments, although not nearly what I'll wind up with by the end of the year.  At some point, I need to make it stop.  I have too many ornaments, but I keep buying more.  Here's my haul for the day.  Yes, two are for a friend, but that's still more than I have room for.  That also means that reviews of 2022 ornaments will be starting up on Monday.

And some friends started hosting a game night on the second Saturday of the month.  He was my roommate before they got married about 10 years ago, and I haven't seen them much since.  It was great to see them and catch up a little.  Plus, I was on the winning team twice, which was great.

This Past Week on the Blog:

This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Music Review: To Love a Fool by Cory Asbury
Monday - Ornament Review: Jazzy, Snazzy Friends
Tuesday - Book Review: The Drinking Gourd by Katherine Fast
Wednesday - TV Show Review: Batwoman - Season 3
Thursday - Book Review: Poison Pen by Sheila Lowe
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

Yep, I have three new books again this week.  In this case, I'm blaming Amazon.  I don't belong to Prime (protest over how they used to treat us in the past to try to make us join prime), but I had somethings I needed to order, and I wanted to get to $25 for free shipping.  That means books, right?  This is the result of two different orders, and the books came separately from the other stuff.  (Don't ask me how that saves them on shipping.)

Anyway, who doesn't want to go to a tropical island?  So how can I pass up It Takes Two to Mango by Carrie Doyle?  Then there's the Italy set Murder in the Piazza by Jen Collins Moore.  Can you tell I'm ready for a trip?  Rounding out the trio is Devil's Kiss by Michelle Bennington, which is actually set in Kentucky.  No, not a typical travel destination, but I still wouldn't mind going.

What I'm Currently Reading:


I am working on The Pajama Frame by Diane Vallere.  Yes, the main character is a Doris Day fan, and there are Easter eggs in the books for those who are familiar with the movie the title is a play on.  This is why I reviewed The Pajama Game this last week; I wanted to watch it before I read this book.  It's fun to watch for those little nods to the film.

Have a great one!

25 comments:

  1. I like the look of The Pajama Frame! I love Doris Day movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was teaching short weeks seemed so much busier as we still had to achieve five days productivity in four! You know, we used to buy a Hallmark ornament for our kiddos every year. Then, when they moved out, they had a box full of for their tree. Your new books look great! It looks like It Takes Two to Mango might be a cozy mystery? I’ll have to check it out! The Featherweight sewing machine on the cover of The Pajama Frame has me curious – another one to check out! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game nights are fun, I should do that more often. My work was also super busy this past week; maybe people were making up for the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good week, apart from the business! I love playing games. I always lose but I legitimately find joy in taking part! Since having my son and then the pandemic games have become a thing of the past. Maybe some time soon. I have a lot of ornaments which we have today bought new shelves for. I haven't bought any myself for a while, but I have "inherited" some from my grandparents.

    A good looking book haul there too.

    Have a great week next week.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/10/sunday-post-39/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you are with ornaments is the way I am with glassware. I collect vintage glassware, and I definitely don't need anymore, but...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you are with ornaments is the way I am with glassware. I collect vintage glassware, and I definitely don't need anymore, but...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot of ornaments! They look so cool! Have a great week!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornament collection clearly brings you a lot of pleasure. But I understand not having enough room for them all. hat's always the challenge with collections: finding the balance between adding new things to the collection, and having too many for your available space! For me it's books, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've had to move everything around while they are redoing our floors and I am full of regret for the things I've bought. I shall take a lot of things to Goodwill rather than put them back in closets and under beds. But I understand completely how you can buy all those beautiful ornaments. Maybe you should do an ornament giveaway on your blog? lol

    A game night sounds like a lot of fun. I hope we get to do that soon.

    Murder in the Piazza look like my sort of story. Enjoy, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new ornaments and they are perfect for a book shelve!

    It takes two to Mango is a fun title.

    Have a good week and enjoying unpacking!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Game night sounds fun! and glad you had a nice 4th. I like the look of the tropical mystery. Same here- if I can't take a trip a book is the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great week. Those ornaments look so nice. I look forward to your reviews of them. The books sound good. I love Diane Vallere's books but as usual I'm behind on them. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping your upcoming week is a little less busy! The Pajama Frame looks like a great read! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun week you had, other than work, of course. :-) I didn't know that Hallmark previews their ornaments. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love buying new ornaments. I think I saw an email from Hallmark about them, come to think of it. Sounds like you has a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy the reading this week! Hope the number crunching is better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hadn't heard the new ornaments were out. I'll have to look! Have a good week and enjoy your reading.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am curious about The Pajama Frame. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a very busy week but enjoyable too. I like the looks of your new books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry your week was stressful! It might be because the week was short that it seemed so long! I had to laugh when you said it was "cool" in the 80s. We're in the low 90s today and I'm dying...I'd love for some nice low 80s weather! Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice ornament haul! I have bought ornaments on cruise trips as it serves as a memory of the travel.
    Nice new books - the Mango title & cover is so cute..
    Have a good week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My mom usually buys us a couple of Hallmark ornaments a year and even at that rate, we're running out of room. They're always so pretty though.

    I love board games and I've considered instating a monthly game night with friends when we finally stop traveling. Yours sounds like fun!

    It's been years since I watched The Pajama Game but I remember that it was funny. And maybe a tiny bit risque for the time period?

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry work is so stressful right now. I hope this week hasn't been and isn't for the next couple of days too bad.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  24. The problem with being a collector is space runs out so quickly! I love all my pretties so it's hard to declutter. I love the Mickey in the Dumbo ride ornament! I think that's my favorite of the ones you show.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you had a good week. I imagine it was another busy one for you. Game night with friends sounds fun! I hope you are enjoying your reading and have a great weekend and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.