Saturday, October 19, 2024

October 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

This list is missing Happy's Place.  I wasn't able to watch it last night.  But I'll catch up in a few weeks.  I really am hoping to enjoy this sitcom.  But that's a post for a couple of weeks from now.

For now, here's what I did watch this week.

Tracker – So glad the show is back.  But I’m not sure we need another ongoing storyline when we haven’t resolved the storyline about Colter’s family yet.  I’m still ready for a bit more background on his helpers.  The main storyline?  They started out with a banger.  Feel so sorry for the brother.  But the rest?  Intense as any story from season one.

Moonflower Murders – I was wondering where they were going with the “fiction” part of the story when Pundt started solving it.  Then they delivered that cliffhanger.  Obviously, he doesn’t mean it literally, but I wonder what is going on there.  And yes, I have to call out what they did – open with the body of the missing woman and then wait until near the end of the episode to tell us about it.  Not, technically a flashback, but still not my favorite thing by far.  I’m wondering how the revelations from this episode play into the case.  I feel like the husband did it is too easy, but what could it mean?

Rescue HI Surf – Wow!  That dad just doesn’t get what having a job entails.  I’m glad his son finally stood up to him.  I figured someone wasn’t going to make it through the day.  We can’t rescue everyone.  But this is going to make for a very depressing next episode at least if not longer.  And yes, how they filmed stuff made it very hard to follow the action.  I get it, they couldn’t really film on crazy wave days like that, but still, it was hard to follow.

Superman & Lois – I’d heard what the big event of the episode was, but I hadn’t heard how they were going to do it, what it would mean.  Wow!  I’m so impressed.  Yes, it was hard to watch, but the sacrifice Sam made.  This is one way to deal with not having the money for all the cast every episode.  I loved the flashbacks, too.  Especially the one with him first learning who Superman really is.  Not sure how I feel about Jonathan getting powers.  Jordan struggling is getting a little old as well.  Hopefully, we can change things up going forward.

Dancing with the Stars – Everyone is really stepping up their game.  It’s going to start being tougher from here on out.  This night is always emotional, and I like getting to know the stars a bit better.  But Derek and his wife’s dance was just wow!

Survivor – Been a while since we’ve seen someone that upset over getting voted out.  I really felt for her.  It’s got to be hard when you don’t even have a vote and get voted out.  Not that she could have done anything even with a vote.  I liked the egg negotiation.  But will those eggs get shared with everyone now that the merge is coming?  The twist for the reward wasn’t super revolutionary, but it was interesting for something different.  It will be interesting to see if anything more comes from it.

The Challenge – This episode made me so happy.  Not only did Rachel win (always rooting for the underdog), but she put in Vacation alliance members.  Always like to see the power fall.  I’m not sure how this is going to work with an individual game but still having targets, but I guess I’ll find out next week.

1 comment:

  1. I started to watch Survivor but then gravitated to the Golden Bachelorette, a show I had never seen before or knew existed. It was intriguing, but I am guessing which bachelor she will eventually choose. Watching this one once was enough, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.