Saturday, October 5, 2024

October 5th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Moonflower Murders – I’m not sure I have a lot of comment on with this one.  The story moved forward.  I am definitely interested in what is going on.  But I didn’t feel like there were any great revelations.  If this were real life, I think the missing woman would be dead by now, too.  But since this is fiction, she can still pop up alive.

Rescue: HI-Surf – Since the rescues are actually why I tune in, this was a disappointing episode.  The rescues were shortened in favor of the drama.  And those storylines are pretty predictable.

Survivor – Please, can we get rid of Rome already?  He is driving me up a wall, and I don’t have to live with him 24/7.  I don’t know how his tribe is doing it.  Glad he got rid of his idol already.  Granted, he couldn’t keep it, but still, it was nice to see it gone.  Hope he doesn’t find the next one.

The Challenge – I get the frustration from era 1.  I really do.  I’m rooting for them since I usually root for the underdog.  However, I get the strategy from everyone else.  Eliminating the era is a good thing.  Well, I guess it means if you don’t come in first you automatically go into elimination, so that might be bad.  Era 2 is going to be in trouble is the other two stay together. Since age plays a part in these types of challenges, I’m not surprised to see them winding up so decimated.  Yes, I was happy to finally see Michele fighting in an elimination.  Her arrogance irritates me, so I’m a little disappointed she survived.  But at least she had to step up for a change.

Scabble – I was curious how they were going to turn this into a game show.  It worked, but it didn’t work well enough for me to continue.  I feel like the person who goes second in the second round has an advantage.  Maybe I’m wrong on that, but they have more options in where to put letters and can use them a second time.  Anyway, my curiosity was scratched, and now I can move on.

Trivial Pursuit – This seems like more of a natural game show to me.  We have so many trivia based shows already, after all.  I liked the format and how it played on the game itself.  Not enough to keep watching it, however.  Part of that is the host.  I like LeVar Burton, but he doesn’t translate to a good game show host for me.  I hope all those who wanted him as Jeopardy! host are tuning in here, however, so they can keep watching him in action.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed the Moonflower Murders PBS series almost as much as the original series. The device of setting one set of murders in the past through a book as well as one set of murders in the present through the readers is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.