Saturday, April 8, 2017

Ornament Review: Melody I. Singsweet - Snowtop Lodge #9 - 2013 Snowtop Lodge


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Combines music with this fun series
Cons: No sour notes here
The Bottom Line:
Christmas caroling
Sweet singing Melody leads
Fun Snowtop Lodge piece




Melody Invites You to Join the Choir

I love music, and I love Christmas.  Naturally, that means I love Christmas music.  (And if you poke around and see just how much Christmas music I’ve reviewed, you’ll realize what an understatement that really is.)  So when those two get combined for Melody I. Singsweet, the ninth entry in the Snowtop Lodge series, is it any surprise that I love it?

Our snowwoman this year is ready to head out Christmas Caroling.  Melody is wearing a red hat and a red and white striped scarf.  In her hands, she’s holding a book of Christmas carols.  Not that she needs it since she is looking right at us as she smiles and sings.  There’s even a cardinal (or a red bird of some kind) sitting on her shoulder helping her sing.  The scene painted on her features a church and a community center right next to each other as well as other buildings in this town.  Obviously, when Melody isn’t caroling, she’s in the choir, even when it visits the community center.

As I said, I love singing and Christmas music, so this tie in to the ornament makes it so much fun.  Plus, how can I, who loves a pun, not love how the “I” combines so well with Singsweet in the ornament name.  I do hope that Melody’s fellow snowpeople agree with her name, but with a first name of Melody, how can she not sing sweetly?

What snowwoman doesn’t stand up on her own?  It’s not a surprise, therefore, that Melody stands up just fine.  You’ll find the series marker on her flat bottom.  Since she is porcelain, you’ll want to be careful about where you place her, but that’s the only concern about setting her out.

Or you can hang her.  The loop is buried in her hat, but you’ll find that she tips forward slightly.  She must be leaning forward toward her audience as she sings.

Melody I. Singsweet is another fun Snowtop Lodge ornament.  Whether a series collector or not, any singer will enjoy having this in their collection.

Collection more themed snowpeople with the rest of the Snowtop Lodge series.

Original Price: $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.