Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Ornament Review: Peppermint Swirl - Christmas Cupcakes #7 - 2016 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Drool worthy decorated cupcake
Cons: Now I want peppermint!!!
The Bottom Line:
Peppermint cupcake
Decorated perfection
Get ready to drool




The Taste of Christmas Gets a Cupcake (Ornament)

I love all things peppermint, so I go a little overboard with Christmas candy.  It also means that I was excited for Peppermint Swirl, the 2016 release in the Christmas Cupcakes ornament series from Hallmark.

This entry in the series features a very Christmas color cupcake.  The cupcake liner is green, and we can see plenty of red peppermint flavored frosting on top of a chocolate cupcake.  There are white shavings on top of the frosting and green highlights on top of that.  Sticking out of the top is a red and white swirled peppermint piece.  Topping it all off are large flakes of glitter meant to represent powdered sugar.

Like the rest of the series, the decorative parts of the cupcake are felt while the cupcake liner is plastic.  However, that doesn’t mean my mouth isn’t watering looking at it.  And I’m wondering how this cupcake would taste?  If they used peppermint extract in the frosting with a chocolate cupcake, that would mean chocolate peppermint flavor, and I would be in heaven while eating it.  Just yum!  Obviously, the cupcake does its job looks wise if I am drooling over it this much.  And while the peppermint Swirl is covered in fabric, it is still stiff enough that it would collapse after just a few years of use.

Being a cupcake, you have a nice flat base for setting this ornament out in any Christmas food related display.  The 7 in a Christmas tree series marker is also on the bottom of the piece.

There’s a red string attached to the top so you can hang the ornament on your tree.  You’ll find that it hangs perfectly straight, which is no real surprise.

I really should have reviewed this ornament back in December.  Now I’m craving some of the December only peppermint treats I get every year, and I’ve already finished my stash.  Oh well.  I guess I will just have to drool over Peppermint Swirl a bit longer instead.

Enjoy the rest of the deliciousness that is the Christmas Cupcake series.

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.