Monday, March 18, 2019

Ornament Review: Jolly Ol' Jumper - 2018 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Creative Santa ornament
Cons: Lights can become loose
The Bottom Line:
Santa jumping rope
Creative exercising
A fun Christmas piece




Santa Demonstrates a Colorful Way to Get Into Shape

Even after almost a decade of collecting Hallmark ornaments, it still amazes me how some ornaments immediately catch my eye in the Dreambook and others never seem to register no matter how often I look at the book.  Jolly Ol’ Jumper was one of the ornaments that caught my eye immediately.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

This ornament shows Santa using a little down time to get some exercise.  But, being Santa, he’s doing it with a Christmas theme.  He’s in a red sweatshirt, black track pants, and green shoes, and he’s jumping rope.  Only, it’s not a regular jump rope, it’s a rope of Christmas lights.  The lights are arching up just behind Santa’s head as he swings them around.

Yes, it really is that simple, but how incredibly clever and fun is that?  Even better, while the lights don’t actually light up, they are clear plastic, so they will catch the lights on your tree.  The effect is actually quite pretty.  Yes, you have to be looking at it to notice, but I like it.

On the other hand, the lights are glued onto the plastic representing the cord, and they can easily come lose.  I have one lose on my ornament, and it tends to hang out right next to its neighbor.  This isn’t a reason not to buy it, just a warning to be careful.

Because Santa is jumping rope, he doesn’t have both feet solidly on the ground.  The result is he won’t stand on his own.  But that’s okay since he hangs straight.

This ornament proved to be popular in 2018, so if you want a copy, I suggest you hunt one down soon.  Jolly Ol’ Jumper is a creative and clever addition to my ornament collection.

Original Price: $15.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.