Sunday, September 1, 2019

Ornament Review: A Sweet Sled - Petite Penguins #3 - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute mini ornament
Cons: Size for some, but not for me
The Bottom Line:
Cute mini penguin
On an unusual sled
It’s worth tracking down




Small Sweet Sledding

As much as possible, I have tried on my blog to review book series and ornament series in order starting from the first in the series.  So you can imagine my horror when I discovered last month that I missed reviewing the third in Hallmark’s Petite Penguins series.  So today, let’s take a look at A Sweet Sled.

This entry features a penguin on a non-traditional sled, he’s sitting on a peppermint candy ready to start sledding.  Now, if you are thinking that a peppermint can get sticky when wet, you’ll be glad to know the plastic is clearly still around the peppermint, so it will stay slick all the way down the hill.  The penguin is wearing a mostly blue scarf, and he’s clearly enjoying himself since his beak looks like he is smiling.

The Petite Penguins series is one of Hallmark’s miniature ornament series, which means that the ornament itself is just about an inch tall.  As long as you know this going when you buy it, you’ll be fine.  However, one thing I enjoy about this series is that the penguins are even smaller than what they are interacting with.  For example, in reality no penguin could sit on a peppermint candy and expect to go sledding.  Yet here not only is that what is happening, but it makes perfectly logical sense.

And it is so cute!  I think the fact that the penguin is smiling helps push it over the edge for me.  On the other hand, it does make me crave peppermint candy.

The candy provides a nice flat base, so you can set this ornament out to be displayed somewhere.  I’d just remind you about the size since it would be easy for it to get lost or broken if you do that.  It’s why I continue to display these ornaments on my mini trees.  He hangs straight when you do that and looks great.

Since this is the third ornament in the series, you’ll find a 3 in a Christmas tree on the bottom of the candy.

The fact that I missed reviewing this ornament before now isn’t because I didn’t like it.  I love A Sweet Sled!  If you’ve missed this one, I definitely recommend you search it out.

If you like one, you'll like the rest of the Petite Penguins ornaments.

Original Price: $7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.