Sunday, March 17, 2024

Candy Review: Easter Sundae M&M's

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Pleasant sweet flavor
Cons: Doesn’t really taste like a hot fudge sundae
The Bottom Line:
Attempted flavor
Candies are enjoyable
But nothing special




Pleasantly Sweet, but Still Lacking

I was wandering down the Easter candy aisle recently (big mistake) when I spotted the new seasonal Easter Sundae flavor of M&M’s.  I was intrigued, so I picked up a bag.

As the name and the picture of a hot fudge sundae on the front implies, these candies are designed to invoke a classic ice cream sundae.  The candies themselves are a white chocolate center with a dark chocolate layer all inside a classic candy coating.  And the colors are a red, brown, and light tan.

When you grab a handful and eat them, you’ll find they taste pleasantly sweet.  Please hear me out, they taste good.  But they don’t have any ice cream sundae flavor to me.  They definitely don’t have a hot fudge sundae flavor to them.  If anything, I’d say they taste a bit more like marshmallow.  I like marshmallows, so I’m not complaining.  But they aren’t what I was expecting from the name or picture.

And I do have to question what a sundae has to do with Easter.  Obviously, they were just going for the pun.  As a lover of puns, I can’t complain, but it isn’t anything I’ve ever had to celebrate Easter.

So I’m not sorry I gave the Easter Sundae M&M’s a try.  But I won’t be buying a second bag.

1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of white chocolate, so I'll give these a pass. Pretty bag, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.