Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Sunday's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday post.  I'll be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

He is risen!  Happy Easter!

I'm doing better health wise than I was last week.  Still have a bit of a cough occasionally, still a bit congested.  It's that last lingering part that takes forever to go away.  Sounds like my family has been hit much harder.  And those who weren't sick last week got sick this week, too.  I'm very fortunate compared to them.

Other than that, it was a quiet week.  Didn't really go anywhere until Friday night when I went to my church's Good Friday service.  Not that I had anything planned I skipped because of being sick.  We started month end at work this week.  Hard to believe the month is over already, right?

This Past Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - March Reading Summary
Tuesday - Book Review: Molten Death by Leslie Karst
Wednesday - Movie Review: Central Intelligence
Thursday - Book Review: Brie Careful What You Wish For by Linda Reilly
Friday - Book Review: The Fly on the Wall by Tony Hillerman
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

Got four books to tell you about this week.

The first two are the two I teased in last week's post.  I had the post office hold my mail while I was on vacation, and so I didn't actually get these until this week anyway.

The first is Never Try to Catch a Falling Knife by Skye Alexander.  This series is set in the 1920's and featuring a jazz singer as the main character.  I've been eyeing it for a while and finally took the plunge.

Meanwhile, I also go my preorder of A Midnight Puzzle by Gigi Pandian.  This is the third Secret Staircase Mystery.  With how much I loved the second in the series when I read it in January, I'm really looking forward to diving into this one.

Speaking of books I enjoyed earlier in the year, I also got the second Bee Keeper Mystery from Jennie Marts - Kill or Bee Killed.  This book will be out at the beginning of June, and I'm looking forward to it.

Finally, I snagged Ready to Fumble by Christy Barritt.  This book has been on my radar for a while, so when I noted that it was free for Kindle, I snagged it.  Sounds like a fun fist book in a series.  We'll see when I get a chance to read it.

What I'm Currently Reading:

As I type this on Saturday, I just finished An Orphan of Hell's Kitchen by Liz Freeland.  It's the third and final book in a series set in the 1910's New York City.  The main character joins the police department as one of the first female officers.  This one wandered a bit, but I am glad I read it overall.

That means I've just barely started Yosemite by Sandy Dengler.  Yes, it is a mystery.  In fact, it's book six in the Jack Prester series set in various National Parks.  I've enjoyed the others in the past, so I'm looking forward to catching up with the characters.

That's it for me.  Have a great week!

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and hopefully your family will soon as well! And truly, where did March go? Your books look fun , especially 'A Midnight Puzzle' looks good! Fingers crossed you enjoy it just as much as the second one in the series! I hope you have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Mark. I hope the family gets to feeling better soon as well. Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you and your family are recovering. Sickness really hit your group hard. And at such a bad time.

    March has flown by. Time speeds up so much as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urg! So sorry to hear that the rest of the family have also been smitten:(. I hope you all recover really soon and that this coming week is a kind one, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! I'm glad you're feeling good enough to attend your church observances. The history of An Orphan of Hell's Kitchen sounds interesting and new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about Yosemite. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter! I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well and that your family is also going through it. I hope everyone gets better soon and stays healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you're feeling better but hope it all goes away soon. Lingering cough and stuffy head are so not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reading A Midnight Puzzle for a while now, I got it from NetGalley. I love the premise of the series, but am not sure I will continue it after the third one, unless it really pulls me in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's been so much gunk around lately I think everyone has been sick. I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully the lingering cough goes away soon. I really enjoyed A Midnight Puzzle. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed A Midnight Puzzle. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you are feeling better. Those cozies look so good. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you all get better soon, at the same time! Have a better week and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to learn you are feeling better,

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better and hope your family bounces back quickly. I managed to finish my last March book late last night so I need to plan my April reading out today. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have noticed that the months zip by faster now that I'm older. It is hard to believe that it is April already. I hope you and your family are all feeling better or will be soon. I liked A Midnight Puzzle but the rest of your books are new to me. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you and your family are back to feeling top notch soon. Your new books sound great, especially A Midnight Puzzle. Hope you enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. My cough is finally gone, but dealing with lingering congestion. Hope you kick it soon. Sorry to hear the family isn't well. Hope the weather warms up and we all feel good soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you are feeling better. Another great book haul with a fun title "Killer Bee Killed." Enjoy all of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Secret Staircase Mystery series is on my TBR list. It sounds so good. I hope you and your family are feeling better by now. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.