Friday, July 31, 2026

July 31st's Friday Post

It's been a couple of weeks, so it's time to jump into another Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from Hell Hath No Fury by Annette Dashofy.


This is book five in her Detective Honeywell Mysteries.  And here's how the book begins:

Matthias Honeywell wanted a romantic getaway with his girlfriend. Driving three hours in a steady downpour to rescue Emma’s drug-addicted sister wasn’t at all what he had in mind.

Meanwhile, at 56% into the book, we find this quote:

“Why isn’t he calling back?” Eric demanded.

The book will be out on Thursday, but I've already read it thanks to an ARC.  I need to write my review, but I should be posting it on Thursday next week.

Meanwhile, let's check in with this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

If you had to stick to one genre forever, which would you choose and why?

I'm sure it will be no surprise to anyone that I would pick mysteries.  That is pretty much all I read as it is, so of course that would be the genre I would stick with if I had to pick just one.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I read a lot of mysteries too, so I can see their appeal appeal of it being your forever genre. Also, I pretty intriguing beginning for Hell Hath No Fury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysteries are such a great choice because there are so many different directions you can go—historical, suspenseful, or something darker. You’d certainly have plenty to keep you reading! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy what I've read of this author and haven't tried this series yet. I would pick mysteries too though I wouldn't be entirely happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good opening.

    I went Mystery too. So many offshoots that would keep me entertained!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/07/31/book-blogger-hop-if-you-had-to-stick-to-one-genre-forever-which-would-you-choose-and-why/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another series that sounds like a winner. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, you had an easy time answering the book blogger hop question! I was definitely the opposite.

    Here's my post: https://breathesbooks.com/2026/07/31/book-blogger-hop-one-single-genre/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.