Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28th's Waiting on Wednesday

It's Wednesday, so that means it's time for Waiting on Wednesday as hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week, I'm featuring Exile, the second Keeper of the Lost Cities novel by Shannon Messenger.



The first book found Sophie discovering her life wasn't real and she was really an elf.  In fact, there is a whole other world filled with magic hidden around the world we know, and she's part of it.  But she also has powers she will need to develop quickly because there is danger in her new realm, and she is a key to stopping it.

Yeah, the premise might sound familiar, but trust me, the series heads off in some new and exciting directions.  And the characters are absolutely wonderful.

But I'm reviewing the first book.  That's partially because I don't know much about the second.  I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as I can.  But trust me on this, as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of this book, I will dive back into Sophie's world.

Exile is aimed at a middle grade audience and is available October 1st

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting! A nice pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cover! This one sounds really good and intriguing. Thanks for sharing. :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-16-things-i-thought-were-true/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, it sounds really interesting!
    Great pick and thank you very much for sharing.

    Check out My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. The first was fun, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.