Friday, May 30, 2014

Armchair BEA: Wrap Up

And the week comes a close.  Already?  Armchair BEA has flown by.  But when you consider I had the daily posts plus two book reviews, two TV on DVD set reviews, and an ornament review go up this week, is it any wonder?

I was actually consider skipping a couple of day's posts because I wasn't sure if I could really add anything to say.  I'm still not sure I added much on short stories or Beyond Borders, but I'm glad I kept thinking about it.  Ironically enough, I was approached about accepting a short story collection to review after posting about short stories.  And I've said yes.  Watch for that in September, probably, since the book comes out in October.

Also ironic, neither of the book reviews I posted this week fell into the cozy mystery category I claim to usually read and post about.  I don't read that genre exclusively, and it just so happens this week fell outside of that realm.  Next week, I'm back to cozies.

I think I had the most fun with my post for today.  Not only do I enjoy talking about some of the MG books that are out there these days, but it seems many of you do as well.  Our Twitter chat tonight was the best one, and I made all but the one that started at 5AM Pacific Time.  (Really, most of them would have been impossible to get to if I'd been working this week.)

This week also got me on Instagram.  It paid off, too, since I won a prize by entering the challenge yesterday.  Only prize I won all week, but I'm very excited about it!

If you missed any of my posts, here they are:

Introduction
Author Interaction
Novellas/Short Stories
Beyond the Borders
Middle Grade/Young Adult

I do hope you'll keep stopping by now that the week is over, and please join in on my Saturday Weekly TV Thoughts posts.  It will become an officially weekly Meme by the time the Fall TV season starts up again.  Possibly earlier if there is enough interest before that.

8 comments:

  1. It's great you fell off your norm this week! Expanding is always wonderful. I'll have to check out more of your posts for mystery reads. I need more of those in my readings. :)

    ~Ki
    Doing Some Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never stick exclusively to cozies, although they make up most of my reading choices. I just found it funny that this happened to be one of those times where I wasn't reading them.

      Delete
  2. I’ve had so much fun visiting all the blogs on Armchair BEA. This is my first year and I’ve had such a good time that I plan to come back next time. I’ve added a ton of books to my TBR list as well as added a lot of book friends on twitter, goodreads, and bloglovin. Thank you so much for participating and making it a great first year for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It was my first year as well, and I'm looking forward to learning about new books as a result of the new bloggers I found as well.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for accepting the short story collection. I hope you enjoy them. I'm one of the fans of the short form, whether it's fiction on nonfiction. I had a good time this year. It's my third Armchair BEA and they just get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear they just keep getting better. Looking forward to next year.

      And I think this short story collection sounds like fun. Looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on winning the prize through Instagram! I had never used Instagram prior to this week, and I had so much fun posting and seeing the other posts! I didn't win via instagram but I won two prizes via Twitter parties. I made all but the 2 morning ones. I just can't do mornings no matter how hard I try. My brain just doesn't function prior to noon.

    I had a blast getting to know you and chat with you on Twitter! This week was a blast.

    Lisa @Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those chats were crazy (especially Friday's), but they were a lot of fun and a good way to meet more people, too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.