Monday, January 26, 2015

What's On My Nightstand - January 2015

Welcome to the final Tuesday of January and the first What's On Your Nightstand for 2015.

Thanks to a day spent pretty much reading on Saturday, I'm trying desperately to catch up on book reviews this week.  But let's look ahead to what I am currently reading instead of what I have just finished reading.

I'm about a quarter of the way through an ARC of License to Dill by Mary Ellen Hughes, the second in her Pickled and Preserved mysteries series.  This one involves a visiting soccer team with a murdered manager.  So far, it's been fun.

After that will be another ARC, this one a middle grade fantasy novel entitled A Dragon's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans.  I snagged this one via Amazon's Vine program.  It looks fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

After that will be two of the books I got for Christmas - A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die by Edith Maxwell and Hearse and Buggy by Laura Bradford.

And then?  Probably some of the books that came out in January I just ordered.  Or books that come out in February I want to read.  We'll just have to see what is calling loudest at that point.

4 comments:

  1. License to Dill sounds fun. I've been reading the cupcake bakery mysteries and really enjoying those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first cupcake bakery a year and a half ago. I enjoyed it. I just haven't gotten back to it yet. I hope to fix that soon. I have been enjoying the author's hat shop mysteries in the meantime, however.

      Delete
  2. A Dragon's Guide . . . caught my eye! Hmm. Curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, it's as fun as it sounds. If the review isn't up this Sunday, it will be up next Sunday.

      Delete