Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weekly TV Thoughts for May 2nd

It's very late, so let's just get to the list.

The Amazing Race (4/24) – Those floating hot tubs looked awesome!  Yes, I know how filthy the canals probably are, but I still want to go in one of those.  So glad it was a non-elimination leg since I didn’t want that couple gone yet.  But we’ll see if they can actually catch up next week since most of the teams seem to not be able to come back from that this season.

Once Upon a Time – Lily is up to no good.  I can’t believe that Emma fell for her antics once again.  And that ending with Zelena?  Never saw that coming.  Can’t wait to see where they go from here.  You can read my full recap here.

Dancing with the Stars – There’s always at least one shocking elimination this season, and this week’s certainly qualified.  Willow was a great dancer, and I’m sorry to see her go.  The 10th anniversary special was fun, and it was great seeing some of those celebrities again.

Castle – A fun episode even if they broke with the typical location.  Not sure I but the cell phone conversations, but whatever.  It was still great fun.  You can read my full recaphere.

The Flash – That might be their best episode yet.  So many stories advanced and so many great character moments and surprises along the way.  I have no idea if or how they will resolve the Dr. Wells story this season, but at least everything is out in the open now.

Agents of SHIELD – That’s what has been missing more than anything this season – the chemistry of the original team.  I hadn’t realized that until we spent some time with just the six of them in a room together.  There are too many divergent characters and storylines this season, and I’ve just never come to care for them like I did that original group.

Arrow – The heavy drama continues.  I do hope they can go a little lighter next year because it is definitely out there these days.  But I am still so drawn to this show and am dying to see how they will recover from Oliver’s transformation.

Survivor – Mike’s trick with the idol at the end was brilliant!  It would have been even better if he’d played it and Dan and Tyler were suddenly on the chopping block, but I think he’s just created the chaos he needs, and I’m very much looking forward to seeing how that plays out in the weeks to come.  Hopefully, it’s good.

Young and Hungry – I knew they wouldn’t get the bigger apartment, but I wasn’t sure how it would all fall apart.  I wonder how long this character will be the new neighbor, although I’m judging her stability based on the few episodes I’ve seen.

The Big Bang Theory – That was great!  About as great as I expected it to be.  It’s truly saying something about a show when they can build an episode around two characters we know from a few guest appearances and make it truly hilarious and something we care about.

The Odd Couple – This show just seems to get funnier as it goes along.  Yes, Matthew Perry has always been great as physical comedy, but the second trip to the apartment was great.  I think this show is going to be around for a while.

Amazing Race (5/1) – Once again, the non-elimination leg didn’t mean anything, although I do feel the couple could have pulled it out.  They just made a couple of wrong decisions and couldn’t recover from that.  Sorry to see them go since the two couples in first and second I would much rather see gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.