Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 20ths Weekly TV Thoughts

I tried two new series, and I'm giving up on them that quickly.  I wasn't really looking to add to my summer watch list, and they just didn't grab me.  Guess I'm getting picky in my old age since I used to give shows two or three episodes before I gave them the boot.

Royal Pains – I knew Evan had done something with that video.  I was cringing the entire time.  And Divya?  Seriously?  How stupid can you be?  I know you are much smarter than this.  I did like Hank’s storyline, and I really am missing Jeremiah again.

Melissa & Joey – Episodes that much about sex really do make me uncomfortable.  Yes, I laughed a few times, but yikes!  If I’d realized just how much would be there, I would have not watched.  Granted, it didn’t help to have my roommate within easy listening distance, although he was pretty much ignoring the TV.

Baby Daddy – And again.  I could have done without this episode of the show for pretty much the same reasons as above pretty much exactly.

Astronaut Wives’ Club – I had to give this a shot because it has two actresses I like in it.  However, I thought it was probably going to be a soap opera.  Nothing in the pilot changed my mind in the slightest.  I might enjoy a miniseries or movie about the time or place, but I can’t see getting invested in a series.

Complications – I’ve gone back and forth on this show, but I decided to give it a try.  I was bored for most of the two hours it aired.  It was just starting to get interesting when it ended.  It has the potential to be quite good down the road, but I don’t think I have the patience to give it that time.

Girl Meets World – I had heard that Angela was going to be back this week, and knowing what was happening, I must admit I was a little worried.  So glad they worked things out this way because I like the relationships I see developing.  Not quite as funny as normal, but such a great episode for fans like me of the old series.  Loved it!

2 comments:

  1. I have the Astronaut's Wives Clubs recorded and don't disagree that it looks a little soap-opera-y. If you like the concept there's a mini-series that was on HBO a long time ago call From the Earth to the Moon that was fantastic. Definitely worth watching if you're interested in anything space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that mini-series but never watched it. I might have to give it a shot because I'm sure I'd find it fascinating.

      And I'll be curious to see what you think of AWC once you watch it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.