Friday, February 19, 2016

Cookie Review: Cinnamon Bun Oreos



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Delicious cinnamon filling in these cookies
Cons: Not healthy
The Bottom Line:
Cinnamon twists here
Delicious burst of flavor
Vanilla cookie




Delicious Cinnamon Twist on a Classic

So many old standbys when it comes to cookies or candy seem to be experimenting with new twists.  And, like the sucker they are targeting, I feel compelled to try them.  The latest experiment I tried was Oreo’s Cinnamon Bun flavor, and I must say it is delicious.

These cookies feature two vanilla cookies with a filling between them.  And yes, these are the plain vanilla cookies featured in the Blonde Oreos.  On their own, they would be disappointing.  However, they are perfect since they don’t get in the way of the delicious filling.  And if you love cinnamon, you’ll love them since they taste delicious.  There is a wonderful burst of cinnamon flavor with the sugary taste of frosting to boot.

Of course, you can easily argue that Oreos should have chocolate in them.  That is the classic Oreo, and I would certainly go along with that argument.  However, any issues with the name shouldn’t be what keeps you from enjoying these great cookies.  Yes, it’s really the filling that is good here, but they are so delicious.

Granted, they aren’t at all healthy for you.  They are a massed produced cookie, so plan to eat accordingly.

I’m not sure if this is a limited edition flavor or a potential new flavor they are trying out.  Either way, I’m glad I tested the Cinnamon Bun Oreos.  Now to keep from eating the entire pack at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.