Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Ornament Review: Gold Miniature Keepsake Ornament Tree - 2016 Hallmark Release



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: A great stand shrunk for mini ornaments
Cons: All cons shrunk as well
The Bottom Line:
The mini set needs
A mini stand all its own
Perfect size display




Honey, I Shrunk the Display Stand

Hallmark has my number.  I am already collecting two copies of their current 12 Days of Christmas series, one for my trees and one for a separate display stand.  And, despite my plans to resist their new mini 12 Days of Christmas continuity set, I gave in after about 2 minutes.  Naturally, that means I started with the new display stand.

In 2013, Hallmark released a stand to display 12 ornaments, mostly tied in to their current 12 Days of Christmas series.  This new display stand looks just like it, only shrunk in size.  It has the same gold color and the same leaves and branches and hooks designed to hold 12 ornaments.  However, instead of coming in 3 pieces, this one just comes in one piece.  It’s 17 inches tall and is just perfect for 12 miniature ornaments like the 12 Little Days of Christmas ornaments that Hallmark will be releasing this year.

It’s no surprise to me that I like this stand.  I like the original, so what’s not to like?  It might have been fun if they’d done something different, but since the idea is to tie this mini set into the full size series, it makes sense that they didn’t.

And the size is absolutely perfect.  While Hallmark has only released the first set of three ornaments to the public, stores have this out with a display of all 12 ornaments in the set.  They are so cute hanging on this display.  Since they are all white and gold, the stand ties in perfectly with them.  And none of them hit the branches around them.

Since it comes in one piece and doesn’t come in a box, it does require more thought when you go to pack it up each year.  Yep, I’m going to need more boxes for this, and maybe some packing paper or bubble wrap so it doesn’t accidentally poke anything when in storage.  But that’s a small price to pay.

The truth is, I don’t need any of the Hallmark ornaments I buy, but I sure do enjoy them.  This stand is going to get a lot of use since the 12 Little Days set is so cute, and I will be sure I have them out each year.

Once you have the stand, you'll want the 12 Little Days of Christmas ornaments.

Original Price: $29.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.