Sunday, September 18, 2016

Ornament Review: Miniature Keepsake Ornament Tree - 2016 Hallmark Release



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking, miniature artificial tree
Cons: All cons shrunk too small to see
The Bottom Line:
This mini tree is
Great for mini ornaments
And festive small space




A Small Tree for Your Mini Ornaments

One reason I have resisted Hallmark’s miniature ornaments before this year is that I was afraid they would get lost in my tree.  I must not be the only one who felt this way because Hallmark released a miniature tree this year specifically for their mini ornaments.  Being the easy target I am, I snapped one up right away.  But it truly is wonderful.

This is an artificial tree, which is no surprise.  It’s small, only about nineteen inches tall and sixteen inches around.  And, since we are looking for something to hold mini ornaments, that makes it the perfect size.  There are two logs on the base that hold it up.  The tree doesn’t come with lights or anything, it’s just the branches and the stand.

But it doesn’t need anything else.  Personally, I love starting with a blank tree like this and adding whatever I want to decorate it.  Heck, I’m the guy who hunts for non-pre-lit trees when he has to buy an artificial tree.  (And they are not easy to find, trust me.)  I do think a strand of lights will probably be longer than this tree needs, but that’s okay.  You can’t have too many lights, right?

And there are plenty of branches to add your mini ornaments.  If you’ve just started collecting, there may be more tree than you have miniature ornaments.  However, I have a feeling that I will fill this tree up pretty quickly.  I’ve been looking at mini ornaments pretty seriously these days and finding some I enjoy.

The proportion is perfect for these little guys, too.  They will still show up without being so overwhelmed by everything else.  And when all your ornaments are in the same scale, they won’t look quite so out of place.

Because the tree is a smaller size, you can easily put it up on a table or other place that needs a little Christmas spirit.  It’s self-sufficient, so it’s easy to set up and move around until you find the perfect spot.  Personally, I’m planning to set mine up in my cubicle at work this year.

It looks great, too.  Artificial trees look so great these days, and this one really is no exception.  The trunk even looks like it is wood instead of an aluminum pool.

I may be a sucker for things like this, but I don’t regret them for a minute.  This Hallmark Miniature Tree will be great this year and for many Christmases to come.

Original Price: $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.