Saturday, March 11, 2017

Ornament Review: Anna G. Halo - Snowtop Lodge #7 - 2011 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Beautiful angel/snowman combination that works
Cons: Slight tip forward, but not too bad
The Bottom Line:
Angel and snowman
Combine well in ornament
Different and fun




Angelic Snowwoman

I don’t collect any of Hallmark’s angel ornaments.  Frankly, the artistic expressions of angels don’t normally appeal to me, and Hallmark’s have been no exception.  Of course, I made an exception for Anna G.Halo since she is part of the Snowtop Lodge series, and I’m very glad I did.

If my intro didn’t give it away, Anna is an angel – a snowwoman angels.  She’s got a metal halo over her head and metal wings sticking out of her back.  She’s got a white scarf around her neck, and is holding out a gold Christmas tree in a pot.  The scene painted on her is that of a church nestled in a village.  You can even see some of the homes around it.

As I hinted at earlier, I really do like this ornament.  Of course, it helps that Anna is more snowwoman than angel.  In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if she were just playing an angel in the local church pageant.  But that’s left open for us to decide.  Either way, she looks beautiful and the scene painted on her looks wonderful.

You won’t be surprised at all to learn that she has a nice flat bottom, so you can display her on any flat surface.  She’s a snowwoman after all.  You will want to be careful where you set her since she is made from porcelain and likely to break if you aren’t careful with her.  You’ll also find the seven in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom of the ornament.

Any angel should be able to float level, right?  Anna actually tips forward ever so slightly as if she is so anxious to give us that Christmas tree she’s leaning forward to hand it to us faster.  It’s not a big flaw, however.  The ring for hanging the ornament is in the middle of the halo, which makes it hard to slip the hook in and out, but with a little patience it can be done.

I’m not looking to reverse my stance on Hallmark’s regular angels any time soon, but I am enjoying Anna G. Halo.  She’s a fun addition to the wonderful Snowtop Lodge series.

Here are the rest of the Snowtop Lodge ornaments.

Original Price: $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.