Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #14 - Tubing - 2011 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Colorful and fun
Cons: Wish the year weren’t written on it.
The Bottom Line:
Tubing down a hill
Friends having more winter fun
In miniature piece




Winter Time for a Little Tubing

I’d never really thought about how many winter sports involve letting gravity pull you down the snow until I started reviewing the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.  The fourteenth ornament in the series is the fifth time we’ve had Snoopy and Woodstock sliding down snow in some form, yet this 2011 release is still original.

See, in this ornament the friends are using an inner tube to head down a hill.  And this isn’t a black inner tube either.  It’s painted a fun blue-green on top with red underneath.  I’m actually a little surprised that it isn’t pure red and green, but I like this better since it sticks out a bit more from the typical Christmas ornament and looks more realistic.  Snoopy, decked out in a hat, is holding on to the handles on the tube, and Woodstock is sitting on the very front.  On the top layer, there is 2011 written on it and the white outline of flames.

As I already said, this ornament looks great since it looks like a tube you’d rent or buy specifically for going tubing.  The way it captures that look makes me smile.  I do wish they hadn’t included the year on it.  That works on buildings, but this is seems out of place to me here.

Since this is a miniature ornament, you probably would only want to display this in a scene with other small pieces.  By itself, it would be easy to get lost.  Of course, a tube has a nice flat base, so it’s no surprise you can set it out on any flat surface.  You’ll also find the 14 in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom.

This ornament does have a bit of a tip to it, but it is perfect that way.  See, it tips forward, making it look like we’ve caught Snoopy and Woodstock in the middle of their run.  I love that!

Tubing, especially with brightly painted tubes like Snoopy and Woodstock use here is newer than some of the other snow sports that we’ve had in the series to date, and I am happy to see it included in the series.  It’s a colorful and fun addition to the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

You'll find more fun with the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.