Sunday, February 3, 2019

Disney Mug Review: Dumbo - Disney Wisdom Collection #1

Stars
: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great mug with a fun quote
Cons: Might be a little wide for most dishwashers
The Bottom Line:
A mug with a quote
Very blue; really looks great
So series starts well



Inspiration from a Mug

I have a number of mugs that I've collected over the years.  Some are souvenirs, but quite a few are Disney related.  So when I saw the mugs that are part of the Disney Wisdom Collection, I knew I had to get them, starting with Dumbo.

Each mug in this series will feature a different inspiring quote from a different Disney movie.  They kicked things off with a quote from Dumbo.  "The very things that held you down are going to carry you up, up, up!"  This is a quote from Timothy as he is encouraging Dumbo to fly again when they are both awake.  This quote is on one side of the mug.  It's mainly written in a dark blue, but a couple of key words are in red.  Plus we've got the magic feather hiding in there in yellow.  The other side of the mug features Dumbo and Timothy.  While Timothy is trying to encourage Dumbo to try flying again, Dumbo is looking at the magic feather in doubt.

Each mug in this series will be a different color, and this one is mostly a light baby blue.  Even the characters are mostly light blue, with darker blue, black, and white helping us see them.  It's a bit of a different look for the characters, but it works here and I love it.

I was a bit worried about how much the mugs would hold, but I've been pleasantly surprised.  While it is short, it is wide, allowing plenty of liquid to sit in there quite easily.  I’m sure the official size is 16 oz., but I put 14 oz. in with no issues of spilling.  It's width might make it a little more awkward of a fit into your dishwasher, but for me that's a minor issue.  And yes, it is dishwasher and microwave safe.

And the quote itself is inspiring, a reminder that we need to look for the positive in any given situation.  Not all the quotes are as good, in my opinion, but this one is great.

I'm not quite sure what I will do with all twelve mugs in the series storage wise, but I must get them.  Dumbo starts things off very nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great mug! I've started buying a mug or two (or more) every time we go to Disney World and they make me happy every time I have my morning coffee in one. I love this idea of the quotes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.