Monday, July 15, 2019

Ornament Review: Golfer Snoopy - Spotlight on Snoopy #22 - 2019 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Snoopy, Woodstock, Golf.  What’s not to love?
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Ready to hit ball
Great moments for these two friends
Fore golf, Peanuts fans




There’s Just One Word for 2019’s Spotlight on Snoopy Ornament.  Fore!

As I’ve mentioned several years when reviewing the Spotlight on Snoopy series, I grew up in Santa Rosa, where Charles Schultz lived for most of his career.  But what I haven’t mentioned is that took golf lessons at one point when I was in Jr. High.  (No, I haven’t played in years.)  The pro shop had a signed Peanuts strip about golf.  Why am I bringing this up?  Because it all came flooding back to me when I saw that this year we were going to get Golfer Snoopy.

The ornament is pretty much what you’d expect from the title.  Snoopy is decked out as a golfer with a red visor, blue collared shirt, and brown golf shoes.  He’s holding a wood and is about to tee off.  There’s just one complication – Woodstock is sitting on the ball looking up at his friend.  If he doesn’t move, he’s about to go on an unplanned flight.

Obviously, this ornament makes me smile.  While I haven’t played golf in ages (outside of miniature golf), I did enjoy the golf I played as a kid.  (Then again, the fact that I was playing with my grandpa and my uncle and other family members may have had something to do with that, too.)  This brings those memories back in a rush, especially with the connection to the strip in my memories.

As a Peanuts fan, I appreciate this ornament as well.  Snoopy played plenty of golf in the strip, so there is the obvious tie in.  Woodstock and Snoopy look great, as always.  Fans of the characters, especially golfers, will feel like I do about this ornament.

Snoopy is standing in grass, and that grass provides a nice, flat base, so you can easily set the ornament out to be displayed.  You’ll find the 22 in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom of the ornament as well.

Or, you can hang this ornament on your tree.  The hook is in the top of Snoopy’s head coming out of his visor.  While Snoopy is on one side of the ornament, he is the heaviest part, so the ornament almost hangs straight.  Honestly, you have to be looking for it to see the tilt.

A lot of the Hallmark ornaments I enjoy inspire nostalgia in me, and Golfer Snoopy captures that perfectly for me.  I’m thrilled to have it in my collection.

Love Snoopy?  You won't want to miss any of the Spotlight on Snoopy ornaments.

Original Price: $14.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.