Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Ornament Review: North Pole Tree Trimmers #6 - Garland Maker - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute expression on a fun ornament
Cons: Green, so will blend in with your tree
The Bottom Line:
Creating garland
Takes some good concentration
Expression so cute




I Won’t String You Along – I Like This Ornament

While Santa gets all the glory, his elves do a lot of the work.  They are getting their due in the North Pole Tree Trimmers series from Hallmark, and the 2018 entry was another cute winner.

This year’s elf is working on a decoration – specifically a garland.  He’s stringing together cranberries and popcorn.  He’s currently adding a kernel of popcorn to the string and there’s a cranberry at his feet that he’ll add to the garland next.  As usual, he’s decked out in a couple shades of green with red socks and a gold bell on the top of his hat.

For me, the detail that truly makes this ornament, however, is the look on this elf’s face.  He’s concentrating very hard; you can tell because he has his tongue sticking out the corner of his mouth.  My guess is he doesn’t even know he’s doing it.  It’s so cute; I just love it.

The elf is standing on his feet, with the part of the garland he’s already completed around one foot.  That gives him some extra stability, so he does stand on his own.  As long as you don’t set him on a surface where he will be regularly bumped, he should be fine.

Of course, you can hang him on your tree.  You’ll find a loop on the front of his hat.  He tips ever so slightly to one side, but you’d have to be looking for it to notice.  Even if you do, he doesn’t look bad at all.

With the elf being mostly green, he will tend to blend into your tree.  I’m torn on this.  On one hand, elves wear green, and for the entries where the elves are working on trees, it was fun to pretend they are camouflaged.  However, in this case it would be nice if he stood out a bit more.  Overall, I do prefer the uniform look of this series, so I’m okay with it.

If you’re expecting me to point out that the series marker is on the bottom of his feet, you’ll be disappointed.  The 6 in a Christmas tree is actually on his back.  I know, I was surprised as well when I discovered this.

That concentration from the elf makes this ornament for me, probably because it’s exactly what I would look like if I were in his position.  I’m glad I added the 2018 North Pole Tree Trimmers to my collection.

If you like this ornament, be sure to check out the rest of the North Pole Tree Trimmers.

Original Price: $15.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.