Friday, April 17, 2020

April 17th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday again, and I'm back with this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm pulling quotes from The Murder Pit by Jeff Shelby.

                                         

This is a fun book, as you can tell from the beginning.

I wanted an old house.
I did not want an old house with a dead body in it.

It certainly made me smile.

Moving on to the 56% point in the book, we find this:

"So, did she finally get the hint?"
He was silent for a minute.  "Yes."
"And so she left?  Just decided to leave him alone?"
"Yes and no."

I'll have a review up on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back then.  In the mean time, have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    Sound mysterious, I'll have to check
    this one out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the review, as I need to know more! I'm intrigued!
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one, for sure!! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That title and the cover make me want to know more. :)

    Check out my Friday spotlight and my review of Shorefall

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.