Sunday, April 26, 2020

Disney Pin Review: it's a small world - Crests of the Kingdom - 2019 Release

Stars
: 5 out of 5
Pros: Front is a fantastic crest for a favorite attraction
Cons: Inside borders on too cartoony
The Bottom Line:
Small world’s kingdom crest
Inside a bit cartoony
But front is classy




It’s a Small Crest After All

I’ve found that there is really no middle ground with the it’s a small world ride at Disney parks.  Either you love it or you hate it.  Personally, I’m in the love it camp thanks to riding it as a kid.  It’s one of my must do’s every time I’m in the parks.  I was thrilled it was included in the Crests of the Kingdom pin series.

These pins were released at Disneyland in 2019 and were themed around attractions at the original California park.  The pins are hinged, with the front creating an old-fashioned crest for the attraction while the inside features a cartoony picture inspired by the ride.

The front crest doesn’t surprise me too much.  It features the clock face surrounded by a couple of towers from the iconic front of the ride.  The Latin banner surrounding it say “Navigatio laetissimus circa mundi,” or “Sailing extremely happy around the world.”  Pretty much fits the attraction, right?  As usual, the front is pewter, so it is all one silver color, although the fact that it is 3D helps the details stand out.

The hinge is on the top, and when you swing it open, you’ll find a scene inspired by the Switzerland area of the attraction.  You’ve got a goat standing on a mountain with more mountains in the background.  There are some flowers by him.  It’s definitely cartoony, which can be a problem with some of the attractions, but in this case it works since the characters in the ride are stylized already.

Needless to say, I love this pin.  The front looks so classy and captures one of my favorite attractions so well.  The inside is good, although it is borderline on too cartoony.  Overall, I’m happy with it.

If you also have a big place in your heart for it’s a small world, you’ll want to hunt down this limited-edition pin.

If you'd like to see my pics, including the inside, please visit my Instagram post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.