Sunday, April 19, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Scar - Windows of Evil - 2018 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Scar looks good; fun details
Cons: Hyenas could be better
The Bottom Line:
Scar gets his window
Most details are very good
Some could be better

Be Prepared for this Villain Pin

When Disney chose their movies for the Windows of Evil and Windows of Magic series, they did a good job of covering a wide range of films.  They did several princess movies as well as older classics and renaissance era films.  It’s not too surprising that they included The Lion King in that group since the movie has proved to be so popular.  As so we got a Scar entry in the Windows of Evil pin series.

Once again, this pin is designed to look like a stained-glass window.  With the solid back, you can’t actually shine light through it, but that’s the only downside with the design of the pin.  And, it is a pin, after all.

As I said, this pin is of Scar.  His head and mane take up most of the window.  We do get the green smoke from the “Be Prepared” scene around him, and at the very bottom of the window are the hyenas.  At the top of the window frame is an elephant skull, and there are some bones at the bottom of the frame as well.

I realize they are trying to put a lot into these pins, but this one just seems to lack a little detail to me.  Yes, you can tell who it is, but the hyenas are a bit indistinct.  If you just saw that part of the window, you’d never be able to guess what it is without the context.

On the other hand, I do like that they are included, and I love the green smoke.  The details on the frame are perfect as well.

While Scar makes a fun Windows of Evil pin, this isn’t the best pin in the series.

If you'd like to see a picture, I have one up on my Instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.