Saturday, April 25, 2020

April 25th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Two shows back with their final runs of episodes for the season.  With more coming on Sunday.

God Friended Me – The show rarely goes for subtle, so the parallel between the friend suggestion and Miles and Cara’s relationship was obvious.  Adam took the hint that he would never wind up with Cara pretty well.  But how will Cara react.  I was cringing for most of the episode since I knew the friend suggestion would do something stupid.  But I’m very curious what is happening to the God account.  I’m surprised Miles wants to fix it since he wanted to end his participation with it since it started.  I guess he knows it is good, just wants to pass it on to someone else.

The Beauty and the Baker – I’m definitely more into the romance than the family sub-plots.  I get they need those characters and need to keep them busy.  I like the characters.  But they feel like what they are – filler.  And the storyline with the sister who hasn’t come out yet is going to be painful.  On the other hand, the romance continues to be sweet.  I feel for Noa for sure.  I still don’t quite see why the rest of Daniel’s family hates Vanessa like they do, but she is definitely coming across as a bit pushy and demanding.  Yes, I get she is fighting for the guy she loves, so I am giving her slack, but I do see glimpses of what every is finding annoying.

The Flash – With a break that long, I must admit, I’ve lost a bit of the plot.  Maybe that’s a good thing since it is just going to stop here in a couple of weeks.  Still, it was nice to be back.  Joe’s gone again?  For how many episodes?  And if that wasn’t a wake up call for Barry I don’t know what will be.  Because that’s not Iris.

Legends of Tomorrow – This season is such a mixed bag.  The loom of fate story is dark, but there are still fun moments.  I’m glad Zari finally learned the truth, but I’m not at all happy about what happened to her brother.  I hope they can reverse that.  I really, truly do.

Survivor – I was laughing so hard at Tony.  He was so excited when he thought he could extort someone, then so mad when he found out it was being played on him.  See the hypocrisy much?  Still, a very funny moment.  It’s nice to see even the best be ousted when they have an idol.  Not that it doesn’t sting, but I’m sure it makes others feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.