Sunday, October 11, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Jack Skellington - Windows of Magic - 2019 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Jack Skellington well represented
Cons: Would have been nice to include other heroes
The Bottom Line:
Jack becomes window
That is mostly black and gray
But fits the film well

Jack Skellington Makes a Spooky Magic Window – As It Should Be

Jack Skellington is one of Disney’s strangest heroes.  He’s a skeleton who has spent his life scaring people for fun.  Then again, what would he expect from The Nightmare Before Christmas, a movie that comes from the mind of Tim Burton.  He’s also extremely popular, which makes his Windows of Magic pin extremely popular.

This stained-glass inspired pin feature’s Jack in the top half, or more accurately his face.  Behind him is a hint of the mound usually features in the cover pictures of this movie.  There is also a bat in the window, and the bottom third features three pumpkin heads.  Appropriate for the Pumpkin King, right?  There is another bat at the top of the window’s frame, while the sides and bottom feature a nice pattern.

Obviously, it’s been years since I’ve seen the movie, so many of the details are fuzzy.  I feel like I would pick up on a few more things if I’d seen it recently, but maybe that’s just me.  Either way, I do appreciate this pin for how it captures Jack.  I find it odd that his dog, Zero, or Sally aren’t included in some form since this has been done with other windows.  If they are there, I can’t see them.  This window is the filled with grays and black, making it one of the least colorful in the series.  Still, it fits the movie and character perfectly, so it’s hard to complain.

Due to the extreme popularity of the character, the pin sold fast and gets a high price from retailers.  So expect to pay for it if you want this pin.

But if you are a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas, you’ll be glad you got this pin.  It captures Jack Skellington well.

If you'd like to see a picture, stop by my Instagram page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.