Saturday, October 10, 2020

October 10th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 It's about that time of the week again.

LA’s Finest – I need to get over the idea that the case of the week means anything.  It’s a sub-plot at best for the rest of the drama going on.  At the moment, I don’t know where they are going to go with the larger story.  This is certainly a dark show – I’m thinking the murder that took place.  And I’ll be watching closely to see how quickly they have the daughter’s hair grow back.  Oh, and did they plug those clippers is before she supposedly buzzed her head?  (Yes, I know hair clippers well, so that part got to me.)

Dancing with the Stars – I’m really surprised that Anne left so soon.  I thought she’d make it half way at least.  She was in the bottom from the judges, so it’s not a bad result.  I was thinking the judges were being a little stingy with their scores, however, and then we saw our first 9’s and 10 of the season tonight.  Just trying to prove me wrong, I guess.  Still, with as many couple as are bunched up together, it would be anyone at any time.

American Ninja Warrior – I was cheering so loudly when Tiana hit her buzzer.  She’s from my area.  I haven’t met her, but I’ve been cheering her on as a result.  It was so great to see her do it!  So many strong performances, including from a couple of rookies.  And Joe finally beatin the mega wall.  I always root for him as well, so that was so wonderful to see.  Overall, this is going to be a hard batch to beat during the semi’s.

The Weakest Link (10/6) – I get that it is hard to remember who answered what and get your own questions right.  But wow, they really kept voting the wrong people out of the game in this episode.

Ellen’s Game of Games – I’m wondering just what safety precautions they have to have in place.  Obviously, no audience (and the cheering only bothered me a little here), but those contestants were definitely closer than six feet from each other.  Not that I’m complaining the show was back.  For the record, I thought the drop on Name Drop looked like fun.  I’d much rather do that than the free fall drop at the end of the show.

The Weakest Link (10/7) – Tiffany really made a come back.  I’m surprised she still didn’t get voted off, but I’m impressed with how well she did once she got her nerves under control.  Some of the questions I have no clue about, they get right while the ones I think are easy they miss.  Such is a game show.  I get it.  And it’s why I’m not on the show.

Press Your Luck – Not only was he the prize king, but I think that may be the first time I remember seeing someone never get a Whammy.  That was impressive.  My favorite Whammy of the night?  Inigo Montoya, of course.  That was a great one.

Star Trek Discovery – We finally made it aboard the ship!  About time.  This has been the longest pilot episode ever.  Obviously, the captain is up to something, but I have no idea what it might be.  I mean, why would you want that evil creature on board?

Match Game – Maybe it was my mood, but I didn’t find that episode nearly as funny as everyone in the studio seemed to.  Of course, I didn’t get many of the jokes.  Even the ones I did get didn’t seem that funny.  Oh well.  It happens sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I was a little surprised by Anne's departure too but at the same time she's not the most personable of the dancers so I can see that working against her in votes. I'm enjoying this season more then I expected though I still haven't gotten used to Tyra as host. I miss Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I miss Tom. He was a big draw of the show for sure.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.