Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Movie Review: Reunited and It Feels So Deadly - An Aurora Teagarden Mystery

Stars
: 4 out of 5
Pros: Fun, twisty Hallmark mystery
Cons: Usual Hallmark cheese
The Bottom Line:
High school reunion
Ends early with a murder
Fun mystery film




“I Have No Idea What You’re Talking About, But I Don’t Like That Look in Your Eyes.”

Some people remember their high school days with fondness.  Others remember then with dread.  Maybe that’s what makes high school reunions so fascinating and a popular setting for cozy mysteries.  We visit one with Aurora Teagarden in the newest Hallmark Mystery Movie – Reunited and It Feels So Deadly.

Aurora (Candace Cameron Bure) is looking forward to her 20th high school reunion.  While she’s kept in touch with some friends, like Sally (Lexa Doig) and Arthur (Peter Benson), there are others she’s hasn’t seen in a while.  Naturally, her new fiancĂ©, Nick (Niall Matter) is going with her.

Since the high school football team won a championship that year, there are plans to honor them.  Riding into the reunion in that twenty-year-old glory is Jack, one of the stars of the team that year.  However, it quickly becomes obvious that not everyone still thinks Jack is wonderful.  When it comes time to honor the football team, Jack can’t be found.  A search turns up his corpse.  Aurora is in the perfect place to try to figure out what happened, but she and Nick disagree over who the most likely suspect is.  Will Aurora figure out the killer without ruining her relationship with Nick?

This is another strong mystery with plenty of suspects to keep us guessing.  I honestly had no idea who it might be until the last few minutes when Aurora figured it out.  Admittedly, I think it would have been hard to figure it out with more than a guess until those last few minutes, but I still appreciated the twists of the story.

One of the suspects is Aurora’s high school boyfriend, and his presence makes Nick very jealous.  I actually liked seeing that side of him and how Aurora tried to navigate that.  Some of those scenes were pretty funny, but I feel like their relationship was stronger by the end of the movie.

The rest of the regulars are here as well, and I loved seeing them.  I did feel like Miranda Frigon’s police captain character was in and out of the movie at random.  At one point, her character’s husband mentioned she was at a conference, but then she showed up later with no explanation.  I’m guessing the actress wasn’t available for the entire shoot, and they tried to write around her.

I do have to mention the usual Hallmark movie cheese, although I felt we got a light dose this time.  Still, it is there, so keep that in mind before you sit down to watch.

If you look carefully at the badge that Aurora gets at her reunion, you’ll see a picture of Candace Cameron Bure from her Full House days.  I’m sure they used a high school picture for everyone, but, since her high school days are so recognizable, I loved that touch.

This coming weekend, Hallmark turns to Christmas movies full time.  I’m pleased we got one more visit with Aurora in before that happened.  Fans will enjoy being reunited with her and the rest of the cast in Reunited and It Feels So Deadly.

1 comment:

  1. I had completely forgotten about this one! This is probably my favorite series (ever since the demise of Garage Sale Mysteries) and I'm looking forward to watching it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.