Monday, October 5, 2020

Ornament Review: Set Sail for Adventure! - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Jungle Cruise ornament!
Cons: I’m too busy smiling to find cons
The Bottom Line:
Ready to set sail
For a pun, exciting trip
With Mickey as guide



All This Ornament is Missing is the Backside of Water!

Anyone who knows my love of puns wouldn’t be at all surprised to find out one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland is the Jungle Cruise.  (Okay, so I have many, many, many, many favorites at Disneyland, but this is one of them.)  I love the puns, and I especially enjoy it when a new pun surprises me.  So as soon as I saw Hallmark’s Set Sail for Adventure! ornament, I knew I had to get it.

This ornament features a replica of the vintage-style steamer that we ride in on our Jungle Cruise.  Instead of a name of the ship on the top, the sign just says Jungle Cruise.  The awning is red and white stripes, which is perfect for the season.

And our guide?  Why, it’s Mickey Mouse himself!  Naturally, he’s dressed in the kaki outfit the cast members wear as they lead us through the waters of the world on our 3 magical night and 7 fantastic day trip.  He’s got the microphone in one hand, and his other is on the ship’s wheel.

And I love it!  Seriously, just pictures of this ornament made me smile, and getting to see it in person is even better.  Okay, so the ship isn’t quite a perfect replica, but it is good enough, and we can know what it is supposed to be.  It immediately brings back happy memories.

The only thing that could make it better would be a magic element.  Having Mickey quoting some of the best jokes from the cruise would push this one over the top.  The problem would be deciding which jokes and puns to include.  My favorites might not be yours.  So, I am quite content with this ornament without any sound.

I would love to see this becoming an unofficial series.  They’ve already released Mickey and Minnie in teacups (twice).  What would be better than more ride nostalgia with Disney characters?  They could branch out to Donald, Daisy, Goofy, or even include characters from the movie in the attraction.  Yes, I’ve thought about this before, can you tell?

Since this is a ship, it has a flat bottom, and you can set it out to be displayed year-round if you’d like.  I think I’m going to have a hard time putting this one away, so I might do just that.  When it comes time to hang the ornament, you’ll find it is perfectly balanced and hangs straight.

Set Sail for Adventure! will have a place of pride in my collection.  I have a feeling I might not be the only one, so you’ll want to act now to book your ornament before you have to sail the seven seas to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.