Sunday, August 29, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Stitch Crashes Aladdin - Stitch Crashes Disney #6 - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great Aladdin themed Stitch pin
Cons: Stitch’s claws might be a bit much
The Bottom Line:
Visit Aladdin
With Stitch as our fun tour guide
Great for fans of both




The Sixth Stitch Crashes Disney Pin is Wonder-ful

The first half of the Stitch Crashes Disney series has spent a lot of time with the films from the Renaissance era.  We’ve already seen pins inspired by Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid.  They are rounding out the films from that era by focusing on Aladdin for the sixth pin.

For this pin, Stitch is blue.  Not quite Genie blue, but close.  I actually thought the pattern on his arms, legs, and ears looked a bit like the Magic Carpet, but in looking at pictures of Carpet, I see that isn’t the case.  Instead, the pattern on Stitch is pink puffs of magic and the gold Genie lamp.  I would have been fine with the carpet as the inspiration, but I think I like this even better.  And he’s wearing Abu’s hat.  Stitch is running, with his arms and legs outstretched.

As always, the card is an important piece of the fun.  In this case, we see one of the piles of gold that temped Abu in the Cave of Wonders.  Maybe it’s that background that made me think of Carpet when I first looked at Stitch.

I’ll confess, Stitch’s claws look a bit scary, but that’s the only downside of the pin.  It helps that I love Aladdin, so I am inclined to like this pin.  Stitch doesn’t look too odd overall – the changes are subtle enough that they work.

This is another winning pin in the Stitch Crashes Disney series.  Fans of Stitch and Aladdin will both be happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.