Friday, August 6, 2021

August 6th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 Welcome to another Friday.  We're almost there!

Time again for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is A Scone of Contention by Lucy Burdette.




This is book eleven in the Key West Food Critic Mysteries.  As you might have guessed, this one actually takes place mostly in Scotland.  The official release date is this coming Tuesday.

Here's how the book begins:

The phone rang, and I felt a shiver of worry as my guy's name flashed on the screen: Nathan Bransford.

Hayley is the main character.  Does Hayley have anything to worry about with this phone call?  I'll leave that to you to find out while I jump ahead to 56%:

What I wanted to say was "Why in the world are you working with these people, when the tension is thick as frozen Irish butter between all of you?"  I tried to frame it more gently.

I'm starting out the week next week by reviewing this book, so I hope you'll come back on Monday to see what I thought.

In the meantime, as always, have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Is Nathan her guy as in her partner or is it a guy she's side-eyeing for having done something wrong? I'm already intrigued! The quote from 56% also made me laugh! I'll try and drop by to read the review since I do have a soft spot for Scotland! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to see that a kitty is in a cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks really good! I think I read the first book in this series (though it could have been another series by her) and really enjoyed it. And then of course I didn't continue it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.