Friday, May 12, 2023

May 12th's Friday Post

Welcome to Friday.  We made it!  It's been a few weeks since I did a Friday post, but it's time to get back in the swing of it.  As before, I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from A Novel Disguise by Samantha Larsen.


This is a historical mystery set in the 1780's.  And here is how the book begins:

Miss Tiffany Woodall’s fortieth birthday commenced rather sourly.

Short and sweet, but it definitely made me want to read on.

Since I read an eARC of the book, let's skip ahead to 56% into the novel.  It was hard to find something that wasn't a spoiler, but I finally settled on one.  To fully understand this quote, you must know that, at this point in the book, Tiffany Woodall is masquerading as her dead brother.

Returning to the door, she ascertained that no one was in the male servants’ hall. She ran to the door that led to the stairs. Breathless, she ascended as quickly as her stocking feet would allow. Her foot touched the marble on the ground floor.

“Mr. Woodall, can I help you?” Mr. Ford asked with a bow. He was standing in the common room.

Looks like she got caught.  But what will happen next?  I'll leave it for you to discover.

I really enjoyed this book.  I'll be reviewing it Tuesday as part of a plot tour, so I hope you'll come back to read my full review.

Now, let's finish things off with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you have a "trademark" that everyone would know it's you whether you said your name or your blog name?

I'm not really sure.  Maybe the picture on the top of my blog?  I'd be curious to see if you have anything for me.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

10 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to look this one up. Thanks for sharing this and have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the cover I would have assumed it was more of a romcom. It sounds good. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd say your photo at the top of the page is your trademark.

    What an interesting time and place for a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. July 15, 1881
    Jacci Reed’s mother shook her awake, then put her fingers lightly over Jacci’s lips.
    From In the Shadow of the River by Ann Gabhart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Fraser by Susan May Warren. It's pretty good!
    "All her training, all her years of keeping her focus...And she'd simply abandoned it all in one blinding moment."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  7. The opening line made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We both have our characters running today in our Friday 56! I think several of us had a tough time with the Book Blogger Hop question today. Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great first line! I just finished When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer so I can read book two. The first line is: "Williamsburg, Virginia, May 5, 1774, For as long as I could remember, my mama had told me that my life was a gift." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a fun read! I think the closest thing I have to a trademark is my coffee themed blog buttons. Other than that, I couldn't think of anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.