Friday, August 4, 2023

August 4th's Friday Post

We've made it through another week, so it is time for another Friday Post where I link up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from Death on the Grand Canal by M. A. Monnin.


As you could guess from the title, this one takes place in Venice.  It's the second in the Intrepid Traveler Mysteries.

It jumps right in with a great first line:

Pulling off a con was easier when you didn't have to worry about betrayal.

That's definitely true, right?  Or I'd imagine.  I mean, I'm not a conman.

I've got to admit, nothing on page 56 jumped out at me as something great to use for the Friday 56, but we do get this line:

She took a sip, her first of the liqueur.  Potent.

I just finished the book last night, and I enjoyed it.  I'm currently planning to review it next week on Thursday.

Let's close things out with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

What fictional character would you most like to meet in person?

That's a hard one.  I think it is a tie between Trixie Belden and the rest of the Bob-Whites (because where she goes, the rest follow sooner or later) and Mrs. Pollifax.

Have a good weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I remember Trixie Belden! It's been a long time since I heard that name. I see some on Kindle and Audible but only 8 books. And they aren't cheap. Here's my BBH: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/08/04/book-blogger-hop-which-fictional-character-would-you-like-to-meet/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This question is kind of hard for me. Which is why I did last week's prompt. I think I would like to meet Qwilliam and his two Siamese cats Koko and Yumyum from the Cat Who...mysteries series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That opening line is true, if you are a con! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggled to think of just one character that I would like to meet.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/08/04/book-blogger-hop-what-fictional-character-would-you-most-like-to-meet-in-person/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the cover! I've always wanted to visit Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers, but I especially love the cover of that book. That's enough to pull me in. Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed this one! Have a great weekend. Weather permitting we will be on the lake this weekend, kayaking and on a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cover! And a mystery set in Venice sounds like a lo of fun. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Moving Forward by Shelley Shepard Gray. So far, it's a sweet read.
    "Two days later, Kristen was home at last."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hands down Mrs.Pollifax though I would prefer a group meetup with Mrs. Pollifax, Carstairs, and Bishop. Can you imagine the stories they could tell! I love the cover for this book and the premise. I need to try this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.