Friday, August 11, 2023

August 11th's Friday Post

Welcome to another Friday.  Time for this week's Friday Post.  I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, my teasers for the first three come from Claws of Death by Cathy Wiley


This was a fun book.  You can get that sense of fun from the opening:

I thought my life couldn’t get any worse. Evidently, the universe took that as a challenge.

That line put a grin on my face.

Of course, this is a murder mystery as you could guess from the title (and the fact that it's a book I read), but even when we are talking about death, there's still some humor:

“They aren’t going to find cyanide. It’s really not an ingredient I choose to use in my cooking.”
“Me neither. It’s too expensive, and there’s no return on investment.”

Yes, that one made me laugh out loud.

Obviously, I really enjoyed this one.  My full review will be up on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back then to read my full thoughts.

Meanwhile, let's close the week out with this week's Book Blogger Hop.  And the question is:

Do you have a routine for getting ready to read?

Not really.  I read at various times of the day, so when I have a chance, I usually just grab my book and dive in.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say I really have a routine either. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking cyanamide. How does it taste? Almonds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first lines too, glad you enjoyed it. I have some routines for reading (like grabbing my book and sitting down for a morning snack, or lunch!). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quotes are a lot of fun. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning made me laugh. It had me thinking about how when you make plans, God has a laugh because he already has plans for you. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like a fun read. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading your review. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like so much fun! Love those snippets. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love those teasers you included and that first line is tempting me to look for this book.. sure to be so much fun!!
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.