Sunday, August 20, 2023

Disney Pin Review: Elliott the Dragon

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: 3 pins featuring Elliott the dragon on a great card
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Triple Elliott
With great three pin collection
This fan is happy




A Pin Set a Pete’s Dragon Fan Couldn’t Resist

You might have noticed I haven’t been keeping up with the pins in the Disney Decades collection.  I just haven’t found them that exciting for the price they were charging.  However, when I saw the July release, I bought it without any hesitation.

By July, the releases were up to the 1970’s.  For the pins, they released a three pin set featuring Elliott, the dragon from Pete’s Dragon.  Like many others, I’m a huge fan of the movie, so I immediately wanted it.

Two of the three pins are close ups of Elliott’s face.  In one, he’s looking happy with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.  In the second, he’s looking perturbed.  His mouth is closed for this one.  Finally, we have a pin of the full dragon.  He looks upset in this one, with his wings out behind him.

All three of these pins are on a card that looks like an animator’s sketchbook.  We see seven other looks for Elliott.  This is cardboard so it’s a little stiff and will hold up to some handling, although you’ll still want to be a careful with it.

As a fan of the movie, I just couldn’t resist.  Elliott is such a fun part of the movie, and part of that is his expressions.  They are captured so well on the pins in particular and on the card in general.  Any fan of the movie will be delighted to have it.

I also felt a little better about the price for three pins than for one pin.  Yeah, some of the others had some nice looking bonuses to them, but I would have bought them just to buy them.  In this case, I really did want to get the set because I love the character.

If you are a fan of Pete’s Dragon, you’ll want to make sure you get this Elliott pin set as well.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.