Thursday, August 24, 2023

Ornament Review: Halloween Party - Season's Treatings Special Edition - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun party food that looks wonderful
Cons: No cons at this party
The Bottom Line:
A brew and sweet treats
The colors look wonderful
Ready to party




Sweets for Your Halloween Party

Somehow, I missed the Halloween Party ornament when I was browsing through Hallmark’s Dreambook this year.  Granted, I rarely pay much attention to the Halloween ornaments, so that’s probably how I missed it.  But when I was in the store in July, I spotted it and immediately knew I had to add it to my collection.

This ornament is a companion to the Season’s Treatings series and features some festive goodies ready for Halloween.  The main feature is some kind of punch.  It’s obvious a witch’s brew drink since it has green bubbles coming out of the top of the cauldron.  There’s also a mug off to the side with some of this drink in it.  In front of the cauldron, we have a plate with a bat and ghost cookie and three cupcakes decorated to look like pumpkins.  All of this is sitting on a purple tray with candy corn accents on the side.

This isn’t the first time we’ve gotten a Season’s Treatings Halloween themed piece, but I like this one much better.  The first one was themed around caramel apples and candy corn, and I’m not a fan of either of those, so it’s mostly about the treats than the looks of the ornaments.

Plus this one is just fun.  I don’t know what the drink is, but I want to try it.  And I don’t think I’d be able to resist the cupcakes or cookies.  Plus, the colors work well together and really scream Halloween.

Since this ornament has a tray as a base, it lays nice and flat, so you can display it anywhere you want.  As a companion piece, this ornament doesn’t have any series markers on it.

If you go to hang your ornament, you’ll find it does tip forward a little.  Most of the ornaments in the series do this, and it is a design feature instead of a flaw, so I’m assuming it was done on purpose here, too.  It certainly looks great that way, allowing us to see the cookies and cupcakes a little better.

I’m glad I spotted Halloween Party, especially since it has proved to be popular.  I’m looking forward to displaying it in October and for many more years to come.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Season’s Treatings ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.