Friday, September 29, 2023

September 29th's Friday Post

Can you believe it?  This is the final Friday post of September.  Hard to believe it's moving so quickly, isn't it?  As usual, I will be listing up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56 (on hiatus)
Book Blogger Hop

Two weeks ago, I featured a book set at Christmas.  Last week, it was a book set at Thanksgiving (but with a strong Christmas element to it).  This week, it's time to feature a book set at Halloween.  This week's book is Nine Live and Alibis by Cate Conte.

This is the seventh book in the Cat Cafe Mysteries.  And, given that it is set at Halloween, this opening makes a lot of sense.

"What do you mean the psychic can't stay at the haunted inn?  That's kind of the whole point of bringing him here."

Meanwhile, on page 56 of the book, we find Maddie, the main character, out to dinner with her boyfriend, Lucas.  Unfortunately, Maddie has been spotted by fellow committee members who are helping put on the big Halloween events in the area.  Maddie is less than thrilled to see them, as she explains to Lucas:

"I really don't want to have an impromptu committee meeting right now," I muttered to Lucas.

And just what might these committee members have on their minds?  I'll leave it to you to find out.

I really enjoyed this entry in the series.  My full review will be up on Tuesday.

Now, let's switch gears to the Book Blogger Hop question of the week:

Never judge a book by its film adaptation. Do you concur?

I absolutely concur.  While there are film adaptations I've enjoyed, they are always different animals since it is a different medium than a novel.  Plus, the authors have no real control over what happens when Hollywood gets involved.  Honestly, it's one reason why I don't get super excited about a movie version of a book or series I love.  I watch it, but it's rarely something I can't wait to see.

8 comments:

  1. I like your holiday themes! Thanks for participating in BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate Conte is such a great author. I love her books and really want to read this one--and that opening is so great! Have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading Can't Help Falling by Courtney Walsh. I love this book so much!!!
    "My Chad date was...fine."
    I hope you have a great weekend. 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds perfect for the season. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this series on my TBR list. It was one of the first series I got excited about when I started reading cozies a couple years ago, yet I still haven't started reading the series. Since I wasn't always an avid reader, most movie adaptations that come out are for books I haven't read yet. So I watch the movies first. That way I have nothing to compare it to and then I'm excited to read the book since most books are better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Fall read! Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this one and thought it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.