Sunday, October 11, 2026

October 11th's Weekend Catch-Up

It's the weekend, so time for another Weekend Catch-Up.  I'll be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Our temps are cooling down.  Could it be that autumn is finally hitting us?  That realization always makes me sad.  Yes, it was still upper 90's most of the week, but it's only going to be low 80's today and in the 60's with some rain the next couple of days.

Friday night, I went to see For King + Country in concert.  They were at the Greek Theater here in Los Angeles - a venue I haven't been to very often.  It was a great concert.  They are a Christian duo - two brothers actually.  I've only recently gotten into their music.  They aren't a favorite group of mine, but I really do like some of their songs, and they put on a fun show.  It would have been nice to closer, but I was cheap, so I sat in the nose bleeds.  Still, it was worth it.

No paddle boarding this morning.  It's game day, so I didn't figure I'd have time.  I was going to try to go to Hallmark this morning since it is Ornament Debut, the day they release most of the second half of their Christmas ornament line for the year.  But I've lazed around the condo enough I don't think that is going to happen.

In fact, shall we get on with it so I can finish getting ready to leave?

Joke of the Week:


The Earth is 70% uncarbonated water.
Therefore the Earth is flat.

This Past Week on the Blog:


This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Weekend Catch-Up
Monday - Movie Review: Urban Legend
Tuesday - Book Review: Apple Pies and Poisoned Lies at the Cider Falls Festival by Traci Hall
Wednesday - Ornament Review: Michael Myers
Thursday - Book Review: Death in Luxor by M.A. Monnin
Friday - Friday Fun
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I've got two books this week - both by the same author under different pen names.

The first is a preorder.  Lady Darling Vexes a Villain came out this week.  It's the second in a series from Colleen Gleason.  This one is set in Victorian England.  The first wasn't as good as I would have liked, but I am enjoying the author's other books I've been reading, so I wanted to give book two a try.

Speaking of other books from this author, I also got Death Down the Aisle, this time written under her pen name of Colleen Cambridge.  This is book six in the Phyllida Bright series.  Phyllida is Agatha Christie's housekeeper.  These books are set in the 1920's.  I've been working on catching up on this series this year.  The book will be out at the end of October, but I got an advanced copy, so I'll be reviewing it during release week.

What I'm Currently Reading:

As I'm typing this, I have just barely started #TreatYourself to Murder, the fifth Trending Topics Mystery from Sarah E. Burr.  As in, I've read two chapters so far.  I do enjoy this series (and the author's books in general), so I'm looking forward to diving more fully into the book soon.  We're dealing with a missing woman, an arsonist, and a dead body, so there should be plenty to keep me engaged.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.