We've made it to Friday! That means it is time for this week's Friday Fun, where I will be linking up to:
First Line Friday
Friday Book Snippets
Book Blogger Hop
My teasers for the first two will be coming from Death in Luxor by M.A. Monnin.
This is book four in her Intrepid Traveler Mysteries. Obviously, the book is set in Egypt. And here's now the book begins:
“I suppose you’d like an Artifact Retrieval Team ID,” René Renault said, looking Stefanie Adams up and down.
Okay, so it might not jump right into the main mystery, but it is a nice way to get reacquainted with the characters. Why? You'll have to read the book to find out.
Meanwhile, a little past 50% into the book, we find this:
“I saw what the man was stabbed with,” she said, loud enough for them all to hear. “A knife with the same triangular-shaped handle that we have on the Nile Princess.”
And, a bonus quote:
Dr. Amin moved to close the door behind them. He fixed them with a granite gaze. “Murder is not good for tourism,” he said.
The book is out. I'll be reviewing it as part of a blog tour next Thursday, so I hope you'll come back to see what I thought of it.
Let's move on to this week's Book Blogger Hop. The prompt is:
Do you run more than one blog? If so, how do you manage your time?
I pretend to. I have a blog I started 20+ years ago when people were using them as diaries of sorts. I don't want to let it go, but I haven't posted anything other than a joke or a pun in over a year. So, this is the only blog I really update.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.