Sunday, October 22, 2023

October 22nd's Sunday/Monday Post

Time for this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I had my first physical therapy appointment for my shoulder this week.  The therapist was very encouraging.  He worked on it for a bit and sent me home with some new exercises to do.  I had already noticed a big improvement with the exercises I was doing, but after that appointment, I'm seeing even more of an improvement.  I'm really hopeful that I can avoid surgery for it.  As I've said, if I have to have surgery to fix it, then I want it.  But if I can avoid the surgery, then I want to do that.

Saturday, I went to a library in a city about half an hour from me for what they call a walking book club.  We walked for about 40 minutes and talked about books.  Books we've read recently.  Books we want to read soon.  That kind of thing.  It was fun.

After that, I headed down to Santa Monica.  I had one goal, to go to the beach.  I hadn't been down there in quite a while, and it was nice to just get away.  I sat and watched the waves.  I read.  I walked.  I read some more.


Joke of the Week:

I went to the butcher’s the other day, and I bet him fifty bucks that he couldn’t reach the meat on the top shelf.  He said, “No, the steaks are too high.”

This Past Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Candy Review: Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Caramel Squares
Monday - Book Review: A Parfait Crime by Maya Corrigan
Tuesday - Ornament Review: Cookie Cutter Christmas #12
Wednesday - Book Review: Barbecue Can Be Deadly by Ryan Rivers
Thursday - Movie Review: Child's Play (1988)
Friday - Book Review: Mint Julep Murder by Carolyn Hart
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I only have two books to tell you about this week.  I know!  I can't believe it either.

Up first is Spoon to be Dead by Dana Mentink.  My preorder arrived early since it isn't due out until October 31st.  This is the third is her Shake Shop Mysteries.  It's got a Christmas theme, so I will be holding the book until December.  I enjoyed the first two, so I'm really looking forward to it.

The other book is Irish Milkshake Murder, a novella anthology set around St. Patrick's Day.  This time, the stories are from Carlene O'Connor, Peggy Ehrhart, and Liz Ireland.  I'm reading it for Liz's story since I love her Mrs. Claus series.  It will be out right after Christmas, so I will be reading it in December as well.

What I'm Currently Reading:

As I type this, I am 25% into Cheap Thrills by Wendall Thomas.  This is the fourth in her Cyd Redondo Mysteries.  Actually, I'd say they are more capers than traditional mysteries.  Either way, I'm not complaining since I enjoy the series.  Cyd has just landed in Bali, where the majority of the book will take place, and I'm looking forward to the action picking up.  Based on how the chapter I just finished ended, I'm sure it's about to take off.

Have a good week!

24 comments:

  1. I had to go to a physical therapist for my knee a year or so ago and was amazed at how quickly I made progress with the right exercises, it felt like magic xD I hope you continue to improve and can avoid surgery, if possible! A walking book club sounds amazing, btw, need to look if they have anything like that here! I hope you have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. A walking book club sounds neat. Talking about random books is an interesting idea but I wonder if it would work if repeated each month.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to read the physical therapist seems to be working for you. ;)
    That joke is so lame.. but it made me laugh! LOL!! :D:D
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! A walking book club! I've got to share this with others in my town.

    Good luck with the physical therapy exercises. It sounds promising. I do hope you are able to avoid surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good news about your shoulder. Hope you see continued improvement with physical therapy and exercise.

    I love the idea of a walking book club--I may have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that the physical therapy is working for you. I've never heard of walking book club -- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the physical therapy is helping. A walking book club sounds perfect! I've been to the beach in October a few times and I loved it. Being in Maryland, it was pretty chilly, but that was a good thing because it wasn't crowded at all. I see a delicious shake theme with your book haul. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the physical therapy is working and hopefully you won't have to go through surgery. I have not read Dana's books, but have had them on my TBR forever. Cozies are hit or miss for me and it has made me afraid to try it, LOL! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a walking book club! My library hosts quite a few book clubs and also a walking club, but it would be great to combine them. Glad the PT is helping your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The walking book club sounds like a hit! It's been a million years since I went to the beach in Santa Monica. Just watching the waves crash is so relaxing to me. Hope the PT continues to improve your shoulder injury. Enjoy your new books and have a great week, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always nice to be by the water. We're in that time of year here in Michigan where it will be a while until we can do that again! Best of luck with physical therapy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad physical therapy is helping. Praying you don't need surgery. The walking book club sounds amazing. Hope you enjoy your book this week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you are working on the therapy first. I had rotator cuff surgery and it was so worth it but recovery is long and painful more than they tell you. Best wishes on that shoulder! I so enjoy your blog and all the cozies you review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That book club sounds like alot of fun. I hope you enjoy it and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are doing better with your therapy!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's brilliant news your shoulder has responded so well to the physio and the exercises - I hope your recovery continues! Have a great week, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a good week! I like it when I just get a couple of new books because it gives me the illusion that someday I'll actually catch up on my TBR stack. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A walking book club is a fun idea! Have a good week.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad your shoulder is doing better. And it sounds like you had a nice week of walking, talking books, relaxing, and reading.
    Enjoy your new books and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, a walking book club!!
    I need to see if I can do this with people on my block, that would be combining two of my favorite things. Great idea!
    Good luck with your shoulder exercises.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/10/22/sunday-post-94-10-22-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Walking book club sounds fun, although I am not a talker or a people person so I would probably hate it. LOL

    Santa Monica...a memory just popped into my head of a time my sister and I were driving into Santa Monica one day...hadn't arrived there via that route in a long time and had forgotten how all of a sudden you see this VAST expanse of ocean in front of you and at first you're not sure that's what you're seeing and I was like "IS THAT THE OCEAN???" as if I had never seen it before in my life. My sis was like "Oookay, I guess we don't come here often enough, Sis." I just could not get over it, even though I'd seen the ocean from different vantage points recently.

    Hope your shoulder gets better all on its own with therapy and stuff so you don't have to go under the knife!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love the idea of a walking book club! What a fun idea. Good luck with shoulder PT. A friend has been going through it and it has done her so much good. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so far behind on visiting blogs! I am glad to hear your shoulder feels like it's improving with the PT. And time at the beach is always restorative, I am glad you had time in Santa Monica.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.