Saturday, October 14, 2023

October 14th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Dancing with the Stars – I recognized more of those songs than I thought I would.  I think I danced to a of them when I was taking ballroom dance in high school.  I think those who will go to the end are becoming clear.  There are still some that could surprise us because they are putting in the work, and the work is showing in their routines.  Next week?  Disney.  What could be better?

Press Your Luck – As tempting as it was to go one final round, I think he was wise to stop when he did.  Amazing list of prizes and amount of money.  And no whammies!

Quantum Leap – I just don’t get the people who dislike this show.  Yes, it is different from the original, but it works.  I mean, the hostage drama was intense.  I figured everyone would get out okay, but I sure couldn’t figure out how.  And between the siblings at the end and Addison seeing Ben, I was so chocked up at the end.  Still not on board with the three year time jump, but they are using it well.

Survivor – The idol is evil!  Lose your vote until you get it, then lose your vote or it is dead.  I hadn’t paid that much attention to the first challenge and was surprised it was so soon.  I hadn’t realized it was only a reward challenge until they lined up for the immunity challenge.  I was so happy for Lulu to have a night off…and then they lost.  I really do hate it when a team is constantly losing like that.

The Amazing Race – With the number of teams, I’m surprised they have any “still racing” legs this year.  I suspected the teams would start close to each other after they finally arrived, so that wasn’t a surprise.  Bummer for the two teams that were on the what turned out to be the best flight, however.  We really had some teams that switched standings this leg, too.  Seemed like a day designed for frustration, especially on as little sleep as everyone had.

Loki – I’m really not sure where they are going with the story this season.  Seems like lots of storylines up in the air with no real focus.  Not that I’m saying that this it is bad.  I’m definitely intrigued.  I’m just trying to figure out where things are going.

Buddy Games – I’m really not liking how the teams are playing with each other.  If you are going to make a move, make a move.  Don’t pretend to be nice about it.  As someone who doesn’t like snakes and is afraid of heights, I certainly felt for the Derby Squad.  Not surprised about who went home.  That was my guess when she froze like she did.  The fact that she volunteered says volumes about her.

Lego Masters – Teams with the golden brick often wind up struggling and having to use it.  But I’ve never seen one that needed to use it so quickly.  I could tell from looking at the other models that they would need to use it, so I was surprised when they didn’t.  But it hurt to see their lava struggle so much.  But enough about them.  I’ve got to say, there were some impressive builds.  I loved the top two, but there were several others that were right behind them.

The Challenge USA – I was so sorry to see Cassidy go home.  She’d been down in the elimination so much, I was hoping she’d pull it off yet again.  Which is why I was so thrilled to see Chris win again.  Bananas needs to get his ego checked.  He seems to think there is no reason why anyone should do anything against him.  I get that personal feelings were involved, but come on.  His attitude was definitely over the top.  I did feel for Josh for most of the episode.

4 comments:

  1. I was also surprised at the "still racing" aspect of this last episode of the Amazing Race. And the changes in standing were quite dramatic. With this race, it's anyone's game. There are teams I am starting to favor over others, but it's not really based on anything in particular (I don't remember name, but the married couple who got first in the first 2 legs and the brothers who are now in last)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m enjoying the Amazing Race too Mark which started just after the Amazing Race Canada ended. It was an exciting week and very long leg. A good travel agent seems to be a big part of the game at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully with the next episode of Loki being the middle of the season we'll find out more. Disney week on DWTS is always fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.