Saturday, October 7, 2023

October 7th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Ahsoka – Well, that was an ending.  It wasn’t at all what I was expecting.  I’m assuming this will play into some future shows?  Or we are going to get a second season?  Because that was a pretty major cliffhanger that didn’t really resolve anything.  I guess I have my answer on how they are going to resolve things – they aren’t.

Dancing with the Stars – Nice to see improvement on most of the dancers.  Some of them still have a long ways to go, but they are clearly putting in the work.  It’s still a little too early to tell who should be going home, but I felt that Jamie Lynn had a few more weeks in her.

Quantum Leap – Having watched two seasons of the original since season one of the reboot ended, I can now say with certainty that this show has much better pacing and twists on the missions.  I truly appreciate how they kept upping the stakes and giving us unexpected complications.  I know they needed something to do with the crew at home to give us a driving storyline there this season, but the whole “you’ve been missing for three years” thing?  No.  I’m already not a fan, so they’d better really do something to sell it.

Survivor – Lulu actually listened to me and voted out Brandon.  It was a pretty obvious choice, but I’ve seen tribes not do that in the past.  I was glad to see he turned things around this week mentally since I felt he was pretty ready to quit last week.  Emily is turning things around as well.  I’m not sure it will keep her around too much longer (especially if they lose again), but it’s a good start.

The Amazing Race – A little shake ups, but not too many.  And already people are dealing with cab drivers taking them to the wrong place.  It’s never a big surprise, especially at the beginning, when the penultimate team the week before goes home this week.  But I do hope things get shaken up soon.  I always enjoy see how teams deal with that.

Loki – Yes, despite how I felt about season 1, I came back to see what they did in season 2.  I am certainly intrigued by what they’ve started.  Hopefully, they will keep up this storytelling and not get bogged down in the middle of the season again.

Buddy Games – Team Pride was getting very arrogant there, talking about how the game wasn’t going how it should go just because it didn’t fall into line with their priorities.  At first, I wasn’t happy when they won and got the sabotage.  But then I watched how it played out.  I think they’ve made some enemies with it.  At least, I hope so.  They really need to be brought down a peg or 20.  And I’ve got to say, the sabotages have gotten very nasty.  Not a fan of this one at all.

Lego Masters – So much cuteness!!!  I mean, seriously, the kittens were adorable, and then watching them play in the homes that the Lego builders constructed for them was just so heartwarming.  I wasn’t surprised by the bottom two.  I almost expected the other team to go home, but I wasn’t surprised that the grandmothers left instead.

The Challenge USA – I was very happy with how the challenge went down.  Great way for the vets to be brought down a bit.  I wish they had been in the arena fighting for their lives, but I’ll take what I can get.  I just hope those two who have been in so much don’t wind up in there again this coming week.

3 comments:

  1. I am all in on the Amazing Race. However, the first few episodes really aren't as interesting as the later ones when we really get to the know the racing teams and see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a difficult time gaining interest in Ahsoka. I'm kind of glad the series is over (for now, at least). I should watch Dancing with the Stars, if only to see "Greg Brady". :) From what I've read, you're not the only one who felt that way about Jamie Lynn. I LOVED season 1 of Loki. :D I enjoyed episode 1 of season 2 and I look forward to watching the rest of the season. Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you were able to meet up with family Mark. Enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.